Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Site Navigation Problem

Hey Doug,
    FYI, I am trying Netscape Communicator 4.77 and all the links in the Forums Page are available but none light up as the first 3 did in Explorer 5.0. Also, in Communicator, Gallery won't load but it will in Explorer. I am not loosing any sleep over thgis, but I thought info relating to the behavior of the site would interest you.

Is it because I am on an Apple? I am running Sys 9.21 on a G4
    Gerry M

Gerry, I'm also running a Mac and I've been having lots of problems with links and things too. I use IE 5.1 as well.

I suspect my problems are peculiar to Mac and IE 5....

Margaret

Comment

I've heard some NS4 people can't view the Gallery (doesn't depend on OS).

I've tried to make sense out of the whole compatibility thing, got a headache, then learned that volumes of books have been written on the subject and still no one really knows.

In my opinion the entire web is still in beta.

However, I can explain that NS doesn't support 'hover' effects (the 'lighting up' you refer to). That's not broken, they just refused to implement it.
      Learn by teaching
      Take responsibility for learning

Comment

I hear you Doug. Any problems I'm having are not worth wasting your time trying to figure out.

I have much a much better time surfing with IE 5 than I do with any version of Netscape so I stick with what works most of the time.

BTW the sidebar menu now works except when I come here from and email notification.

Margaret

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• CJ Swartz
          Missing scroll bar?
          by CJ Swartz
          My scroll bar, normally on the right side of my window, has "disappeared" today when I visit RetouchPro sites. The scroll bar is in view on other websites, and works normally. In RetouchPro, I have to view in full-screen mode to have a scroll bar. (This is do-able, but restricts my access...
          08-31-2002, 10:17 PM
        • winwintoo
          This is cool....
          by winwintoo
          I'm probably the only person who didn't know this until now, but just in case I thought I'd share it.

I usually keep both Netscape and IE running for those times when a page just doesn't load properly in one browser, I can switch to the other. Also if you're into web development, you...
          01-10-2003, 11:36 AM
        • jeaniesa
          Need help understanding Opera
          by jeaniesa
          I'm supposed to be ignoring Opera for the time being and just getting my site up and running, but this problem is really driving me crazy. Here's the issue. I have implemented pull-down menus for my site using JavaScript. They work great in all browsers EXCEPT Opera. In Opera, they don't show up...
          02-28-2003, 12:11 PM
        • Doug Nelson
          IE6 SP1 troubles
          by Doug Nelson
          My turn to gripe about browser oddness. Service Pack 1 for MS Internet Explorer 6 was release a week ago. Ever since I installed it I've been having problems getting 100% of images to load on a page. Usually it's small gifs, like the arrows in these forums, but it happens on many websites. Reloading...
          09-16-2002, 06:28 AM
        • Markzebra
          Problems surfing the site anyone?
          by Markzebra
          I have been having a lot of difficulty with some of the links on this site. anything less than about 10 characters long doesnt respond as a hyperlink. I was wondering If I'm alone in this problem.

I'm on Explorer 5 - mac version.

Its actually not a problem I've ever noticed...
          04-29-2002, 06:32 PM
        Working...
        X