Collapse

Related Topics

Collapse

• Doug Nelson
    RetouchPRO Blog
    by Doug Nelson
    More as an experiment than anything else, I've started a blog
    http://retouchpro.blogspot.com/

Most of the information will be duplicated here in the forums, but folks really seem to like the blog format.
    07-14-2004, 11:17 AM
  • Doug Nelson
    Writing to be found
    by Doug Nelson
    Blogs are not like forums or email lists or chatrooms. People do not look for blog hosts and then browse merrily though the myriad posts. They find, through various means, one blog, decide if they like it, and then either bookmark it or subscribe to its RSS feed.

So what are these "various...
    11-10-2007, 08:31 PM
  • Doug Nelson
    Shouting into the abyss
    by Doug Nelson
    I know, some times it feels like no one is listening. This early in the blogging game, you might even be right. The search engines only found these blogs a few days ago, and it will take awhile to be indexed, ranked, etc.

In addition, unlike the forums, there is currently no way of measuring...
    11-20-2007, 07:26 PM
  • Doug Nelson
    How can you have any pudding...
    by Doug Nelson
    ...if you don't eat your meat?

How many blogs do you subscribe to? I thought so.

Just as you have to look at photographs if you plan on making your own, and you need to read novels if you plan on writing one, if you want to blog well you have to read good blogs.
    11-13-2007, 03:48 AM
  • Doug Nelson
    Blog comments
    by Doug Nelson
    To you leaving comments for our blog authors, thank you. Comments are a vital part of a flourishing blog ecosystem. They're the "pay" for our authors' time and effort (and there's been some considerable efforts so far).

To the blog authors, please make sure you approve comments...
    01-01-2008, 02:58 PM
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RetouchPRO Blogs

Announcing a new feature here at RetouchPRO, individual blogs. They're yours to do with as you see fit. Just keep the content clean and legal.

Want to blog about your recipes or your stamp collection? Go for it! It's your space. Of course, you'll get more views and comments if it has something to do with photography, retouching, etc., but that's totally up to you.

The blog software is v1, so it ain't pretty, but it will improve quickly. The primary advantage is not that the software is so cool, but that your blog will be on a high-ranking site. So you could blog for months elsewhere before anyone sees your posts. Here it will probably be seen the same day.

A few points:
    • Blogs are for Senior Members (100+ forum posts)
    • You can allow comments or not, but comments will need your approval before anyone can see them
    • If you have questions, ask them here in this thread
    • Try to help each other out (I'm new at this, too)
    • Experiment
    Learn by teaching
    Take responsibility for learning

Re: RetouchPRO Blogs

Oh yeah, the link to the blogs is up on the navbar.

And unregistered users will be able to view attached images, but won't be able to leave comments.
    Learn by teaching

Comment

Some minor activity, mostly test posts, but that's a start.

Got a point of view? Start a blog! (you know I'm talking to you)
      Learn by teaching

Comment

Some actual content is starting to appear in the blogs.
        Learn by teaching

Comment

Added a bit to mine. Not sure if it will be of value to others, but ya never know LOL

Comment

Six blogs have been started so far, which is a good start by any measure.

Notice that the people with blogs have a little "Blog Entries" link over their posts (up there, ^^^).
            Learn by teaching

Comment

Several new blog entries, but no new bloggers. What are you waiting for?

I've been putting up as many tips as I can think of for new bloggers on my own blog. Maybe that will thaw some cold feet.
              Learn by teaching

Comment

One new blogger in the past couple of days, a couple of new entries. I thought we'd have more participation by now, but I'm pleased with the quality of the posts.
                Learn by teaching

Comment

Some wonderful new posts, a couple of new bloggers. All in all I'm very pleased. Some useful topics are being mapped out.
                  Learn by teaching

Comment

Doug how did you change the font and add the smilie to your Blog Title?

Also I see in the Blog Control Panel that there is a section for the blog description, but where does that show up when someone is viewing your blog?

Comment

Two questions, one answer. My blog title is Janitor's Closet, no formatting available. "Doug's Blog" is the description, and it has the same formatting controls as the forums.
                      Learn by teaching

Comment

Doug,

can you elaborate on the
                        "Spam Prevention
                        In order to reduce the amount of spam on your blog the administrator has provided the option to provide an Akismet key. Wordpress API Key: "
                        reference in the blog control panel?

Thanks

Comment

It's an antispam measure, but since you must register to post, and all comments are moderated, I expect blog spam to be zero.

But if you really want one, you can get keys here.
                          Learn by teaching

Comment

Our blogs are rapidly developing from an interesting experiment into a genuine resource. We have thoughtful and useful posts on photography, panoramas, hdr, and several other topics. Give them a read and leave your comments.

And don't forget you can start your own blog here if you have something you want to say (or even if you don't).
                            Learn by teaching

Comment

Working...
                            X