Forum outage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum outage

We were down for a couple of hours last night. My apologies.

From tech support (at 12:30am, which I think is pretty cool):

"Culprit caught. We found an account attempting to send out a large amount of spam via a script. There was so much email being sent out, the log actually started filling up the partition (it records one line per send attempt). Just imagine that!"

And no, it wasn't me
    Learn by teaching
    Take responsibility for learning

Doug,

I noticed your post was earlier than when I tried to get on. I tried around 4:30 this morning, and was able to see one message, but I was not able to reply to it. That was it! It was around 5:30 when I stopped trying to get on. Thought maybe you had closed the doors for a party, and I wsasn't invited .

Ed

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• DJ Dubovsky
      Totally Baffled here
      by DJ Dubovsky
      Can someone explain why when I send an e-mail with an attached file on a New Message the recipient doesn't get the attachment? BUT when I send a reply to that recipient and attach the Same file, suddenly it's fine.

This first happened about a week ago when I tried to send a photo so...
      02-28-2002, 09:42 PM
    • Sibyllea
      Feminism
      by Sibyllea
      I was hoping you all could help me out... I have this really neat idea for a comic/scholarship type thing. In less than three pages I have to define and explain feminism. It could get me a thousand bucks. So Ladies... and guys too I guess, "What does Feminism mean to you?" Obviously I...
      11-20-2003, 06:42 PM
    • Ed_L
      Need e-mail help
      by Ed_L
      I'm sure there's a simple answer to this, but my brain's not working very well. I tried to send an e-mail with an attachment that wouldn't go because of size limits. I'm using MSN (web based) and Outlook Express as my mail program. If I want to check for new messages now, it tries to re-send the file...
      03-30-2002, 01:44 PM
    • Doug Nelson
      Any RPG fans here?
      by Doug Nelson
      I'm currently playing Dungeon Siege II (only about 1/3 way through), and just yesterday signed onto World of Warcraft. I'm not exactly new at this (played the paper versions back in the 70s) but I've been only a sporadic player, so I'm not very good at it
      09-02-2005, 04:33 PM
    • Ed_L
      Living The American Dream
      by Ed_L
      For those of you who might not know what "The American Dream" is, it's home ownership. This morning, my wife was doing the laundry, and I happened to walk down into the basement, where the washer and dryer is. I noticed that the floor was partially flooded. The sump pump quit working, and...
      09-05-2002, 06:20 PM
    Working...
    X