Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the last couple of days, when I try to go to view new posts, I receive an invalid search string message. Tried frm menu and link.
    Debbie

Try this one
    Learn by teaching
    Take responsibility for learning

Comment

Sorry, no good with that one either Doug
      Debbie

Comment

Debbie: Thanks for your patience and the extra testing. I ran it by the manufacturers of the forum software:

"The problem is either her browser, her browser settings, or some firewall/cookie-blocking software she's running on her computer."

This pretty much confirms what I had suspected. Check your security settings.
        Learn by teaching

Comment

Normally I would agree Doug. But I have no security settings on my browser. Have been running ie6 since it's out. And have not changed anything since joining the forum. Am sending a copy of the screen that comes up. I used to be able to view new posts, until about a week ago.
          Debbie
          Attached Files

Comment

Well, it was a good guess

Humor me for a moment, and go to your security settings (Tools>Internet Options>Security (tab)) and move the little slider thingy to medium (that's the default).

If even this doesn't work, you can try adding us to the trusted sites.

We're learning together on this.
            Learn by teaching

Comment

Hi Doug,

I had the same problem as Debbie until today. Now the View New Post works. I am runing IE6.

Sharon

Comment

Sorry Doug, reset options as suggested, still no good. Tried other settings as well. It seems to be only with this choice so I'll just keep going into posts the long way. Maybe the problem will disappear as with Sharon. Thanks for the advice
                Debbie

Comment

Does the "Last 24 Hours" link work? It might be a little easier for you.
                  Learn by teaching

Comment

Good news Doug,
                    This evening I can access new posts from the menu. Perhaps the page link will return soon as well. Thanks for your consideration
                    Debbie

Comment

Sorry I took so long to get back again Doug. Schools started. The day after above post everything was back in A-one condition. Thanks for all the feedback
                      Debbie

Comment

Working...
                      X