No announcement yet.

Bloggers, please remember to approve comments

Collapse

Related Topics

Collapse

• Doug Nelson
    Don't forget to approve comments
    by Doug Nelson
    Comments to your blog posts are moderated, meaning you have to manually approve each one (to keep out the v1@gr@ ads). So if you have a comment showing the icon of a little green person with a red X over their mouth, that means no one can see that comment unless you approve it.

Just check...
    11-09-2007, 11:31 AM
  • Doug Nelson
    Blog comments
    by Doug Nelson
    To you leaving comments for our blog authors, thank you. Comments are a vital part of a flourishing blog ecosystem. They're the "pay" for our authors' time and effort (and there's been some considerable efforts so far).

To the blog authors, please make sure you approve comments...
    01-01-2008, 02:58 PM
  • Frank Lopes
    Blog comments
    by Frank Lopes
    Doug, you might have commented on this...

Is there a way when I go to my blog to tell where new comments where entered?

I see people posting comments but I don't know how to tell which entry they posted them in.

Just wondering...
    12-09-2007, 05:36 AM
  • Doug Nelson
    RetouchPRO Blogs
    by Doug Nelson
    Announcing a new feature here at RetouchPRO, individual blogs. They're yours to do with as you see fit. Just keep the content clean and legal.

Want to blog about your recipes or your stamp collection? Go for it! It's your space. Of course, you'll get more views and comments if it has...
    11-08-2007, 05:48 AM
  • waffeliron
    My new Blog...
    by waffeliron
    http://lasoothemoon.blogspot.com/

only been going for like a week, any comments would be greatly appreciated

Cheers, Matt.
    04-28-2009, 03:44 AM
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bloggers, please remember to approve comments

To avoid spammers, trolls, etc., the blogging system requires all comments to be approved before the public can see them. You'll notice a tiny icon of a little person with an X over their mouth in the lower left of all new comments.

For anyone besides you to see these comments, you'll need to click on the little checkbox next to the comment (you can do many at once this way) and then choose Approve Comments from the little dropdown at the bottom. Or, if it's spam or some other thing you don't want to be seen, click Delete Comments.

Each individual blogger is responsible for approving any comments to posts on their own blog. There is no moderator to do this for you.
    Learn by teaching
    Take responsibility for learning

Re: Bloggers, please remember to approve comments

I knew if i went to my blog i would find a comment waiting to be approved
    Doug is there a way of being notified that someone has a made a comment ? ( i thought there was?) only i do forget to check the blog regularly

Palms

Comment

I wish there was, and have requested it from the software authors. The assumption is that you'll be blogging regularly, so there's no need to notify you (their assumption, not mine).
      Learn by teaching
      Take responsibility for learning

Comment

Originally posted by Doug Nelson View Post
        I wish there was, and have requested it from the software authors. The assumption is that you'll be blogging regularly, so there's no need to notify you (their assumption, not mine).

Thanks for the answer Doug, hopefully the authors will listen to the customers at some point

Palms

Comment

Thanks Doug, I didn't know about that icon, that should make it easier.

Comment

Working...
          X