Searching RetouchPro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Searching RetouchPro

Doug, as there are quite a few duplicate requests for info, is there any chance of getting the author of the BB s/w to include a phrase search capability? ANDing doesn't work all that well.

Putting your search in quotes can help, but there's a restriction that no search term can be less than 4 letters. That's not a limitation of the software, it's user settable, but each increment creates an exponential increase in serverload.

Searches are not realtime (ie: it doesn't actually search every message each time), rather it creates a running index which is what actually gets searched. Currently the index does not include words less than 4 characters. Knowing this can help finetune your search.
    Learn by teaching
    Take responsibility for learning

Comment

Putting your search in quotes can help
      Unfortunately, it seems to ignore the quotes as can be seen from the results of this particular search on "paint shop"

Comment

When I search for "paint shop" in quotes, it shows the post you just made
        Learn by teaching
        Take responsibility for learning

Comment

You wouldn't believe the number of times I've tried to figure out a way to get around the 4 letter limitation. EFT filters were one of the ones I really had trouble searching for. I couldn't get it to recognize anything past the EFT for an error either. It can get frustrating sometimes.
          DJ

Comment

Working...
          X