Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DJ Dubovsky
    replied
    You wouldn't believe the number of times I've tried to figure out a way to get around the 4 letter limitation. EFT filters were one of the ones I really had trouble searching for. I couldn't get it to recognize anything past the EFT for an error either. It can get frustrating sometimes.
    DJ

Leave a comment:

• Doug Nelson
    replied
    When I search for "paint shop" in quotes, it shows the post you just made

Leave a comment:

• BigAl
    replied
    Putting your search in quotes can help
    Unfortunately, it seems to ignore the quotes as can be seen from the results of this particular search on "paint shop"

Leave a comment:

• Doug Nelson
    replied
    Putting your search in quotes can help, but there's a restriction that no search term can be less than 4 letters. That's not a limitation of the software, it's user settable, but each increment creates an exponential increase in serverload.

Searches are not realtime (ie: it doesn't actually search every message each time), rather it creates a running index which is what actually gets searched. Currently the index does not include words less than 4 characters. Knowing this can help finetune your search.

Leave a comment:

• BigAl
    started a topic Searching RetouchPro

Searching RetouchPro

Doug, as there are quite a few duplicate requests for info, is there any chance of getting the author of the BB s/w to include a phrase search capability? ANDing doesn't work all that well.
Working...
X