Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thumbnails on list of challenge submissions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thumbnails on list of challenge submissions?

I've looked at all or almost all of the challenge submissions by now. I find it very interesting to see the results and read the notes by the artist. I find myself going back several times now to look/read again certain submissions.

The tintype challenge was especially interesting to me, perhaps because I have an old dark tintype too. This challenge is now at/near 50 submissions which is great. But, now that there are 1t/near 50 it can be very time consuming to find the one that I remember seeing and want to see again, so maybe I don't use the resource as much as I would if it were easier.

This gave me the idea that showing tumbnails next to the submitter's name of challenge submissions would make it easy to locate a given submission.

Just a thought. The challenges are a wonderful resource, as is this group.

Thank you,
    Lilla

Great thought! Lilla for Governor!

Ed

Comment

You think everyone would be OK with waiting for a page that's a quarter of a meg in size to load?
      Learn by teaching
      Take responsibility for learning

Comment

Hmmmm - good question. Never thunk about it.

Ed

Comment

Doug,

The alternative to thumbnails is guessing which link, clicking it, then waiting for it to load, finding out you guessed wrong, then guessing again. I'd be happy to wait for thumbnails to download so I can know where I'm going when I click on a link.

Lilla

Comment

Well, I encourage and appreciate all suggestions...

But...

1) I get way too much flack already for how long the pages take to download. We have a lot of older modem users. This is the same reason images in the Forums are not displayed inline.
            2) The oldest Challenge page is only 4 months old, and I'm sure we'll continue getting entries ad infinitum. If we have 50 in four months, how many will we have a year from now? Two years?

Again, I appreciate the input, but I have to take many things into consideration.

An odd coincidence that you bring this up, since I was just considering the deletion of the thumbnails in the Gallery section for these very reasons. It's just getting too huge to be practical.
            Learn by teaching
            Take responsibility for learning

Comment

Working...
            X