What I want for Christmas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What I want for Christmas

It will come to no surprise to anyone that all I ever want is participation. 20,000 people per month visit RP, and roughly 50 of them do 99% of the participation.

Here are examples of what I mean by participation:
    • Critiqueing Challenge entries
    • Providing thoughtful replies to threads (as opposed to just "well said", "me too", or "")
    • Starting new threads on topics you're interested in, even if it's something you know nothing about (and keeping existing threads on-topic)
    • Adding links to our Links Database
    • Posting product opinions in our Reviews Database
    • Suggesting products and vendors for same
    • Sending in Challenge material (particularly Retouching Challenge) and Archives photos
    • Writing tutorials
    • Linking to us on your website
    • Suggesting a link to us on other sites you visit
    • Mentioning RP on other forums/websites/groups you participate in (and to everyone you know in real-life)

There's another thread here about donating money, and that is an essential thing to keep our doors open. But it's your participation that determines the quality of life here on RetouchPRO. And isn't that what we really all want?

I know there are those that will read this and think "I'd like to participate like that, but I have no qualifications to say/do such-and-such..". To that I say "BAH HUMBUG!!" The character of RP is defined by the fact that we make no such distinctions here. No one knows everything, and teaching is the best way to learn.
    Learn by teaching
    Take responsibility for learning

Well said Doug. I've certainly made my share of "unqualified" posts.

Ed

Comment

Learn by teaching
      Take responsibility for learning

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Mogens_Bohl_P
        Sankt Hans Aften or St. Johns
        by Mogens_Bohl_P
        Doug asked me to start a thread about the traditions concerning "Sankt Hans Aften" Midsummer eve or St. Johns eve, since I mentioned it in my reply to restoration challenge #34.

Midsummer Solstice has been celebrated for centuries in northwestern Europe. In Denmark and most...
        06-26-2002, 05:17 AM
      • Doug Nelson
        Threadophobia
        by Doug Nelson
        We have a very good post rate here on the RetouchPRO forums. Above average, actually.

But our thread rate is far below average. Add this to our propensity for threads to wander in and out of topics (see my "not a chatroom" blog entry) and there's really only one conclusion:...
        11-17-2007, 11:53 AM
      • Craig Walters
        Welcome to the Library Support Forum
        by Craig Walters
        Doug has set up a new area here on RetouchPro we're calling our Library. This is a place to put all of your graphics related links, all those places you go for tutorials and plug-ins and helps and all those things which aid in your graphics work.

The address is as follows: http://www...
        10-14-2006, 01:00 AM
      • palms
        Christmas Baubles Ornament Snow Globe challenge
        by palms
        Ok something a bit different, no photo to artify but a sort of challenge
        As it is nearly xmas ( you have noticed Dougs decorations at the top of the page )
        I thought we could make our own baubles and post here.

There is a action here for a sphere which could be made into...
        12-07-2007, 07:30 AM
      • Jakaleena
        A Welcome Note To Newbies
        by Jakaleena
        I just wanted to say “WELCOME” to any of you who are new here to RetouchPro. I’m Jackie. Or just Jak, which is what people around here call me. I’m your Moderator and friendly tour guide for the Restoration, Retouching, and Manipulation section of the RP Forums.

I hope you’ll...
        06-07-2002, 07:50 PM
      Working...
      X