Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floating Menu

Hey, sorry to ask such a newbie question, but:

Is there a way to turn off that floating menu on the left side, and basically freeze it in place as normal HTML ? It's kind of annoying to navigate that menu, especially since not all browsers handle it correctly.

The only way to turn it off would be to turn Javascript off...so there is really no way to freeze it in place. What browser are you using?

Comment

Opera

I am using Opera; it's what I use to browse everything else. In Opera, the menu sometimes decides to scroll off just as I am moving my mouse over it. That's not good because it's hard to actually click things that way. Also, a couple times I got the menu to lock in an infinite loop where it would scroll off, on, off, on... Reloading the page fixes this however.
      <p>
      In Mozilla, the menu seems a bit more stable, but its main annoyance is still there -- you have to wait for it to appear in order to click anything. This may sound like a petty complaint, but then, I am a petty person :-)

Comment

Just downloaded the newest version of Opera and it seems to display the site ok for me. The menu is a little slow but other than that it performs well. I'm not sure if it will make a difference but I downloaded the newest version with "Sun Java Runtime Environment version 1.4"

Comment

We also look terrible in Lynx
          Learn by teaching
          Take responsibility for learning

Comment

Originally posted by Doug Nelson
            We also look terrible in Lynx

I am using Opera too. I was using version 6.05, and it didn't work great in that, but now I upgraded to the Opera 7 beta with Java 1.4.1 and now it works perfectly.

- David

Comment

We've been on the bleeding edge of website technology for a few months now. It's almost time for the "when are you going to stop using archaic 2002 technology" complaints to start
              Learn by teaching
              Take responsibility for learning

Comment

Working...
              X