Changing password on this site not secure

Collapse

Related Topics

Collapse

• Terry L
    Photographer web site
    by Terry L
    Hello,

I just joined RetouchPro and was just in the Salon introducing myself. I though I'd pop on over here and introduce my web site too. It's my first attempt at a web site and it still needs some fine tuning. The web site is mainly just for viewing some of my photo's and I'll be...
    11-30-2005, 07:07 PM
  • clare
    resizing for a table
    by clare
    Hello folks,

This is another call for help....please

I have created my web site using tables. Can I place any html or java or another web language into the site that makes the site resize to the screen size of the viewer. For instance this is build around 1024 by 768,...
    02-21-2003, 07:47 AM
  • Doug Nelson
    Things you might not know about running a forum
    by Doug Nelson
    RetouchPRO has been going for about 7 years now, but it's far from my first forum site. I thought I'd share some little behind-the-scenes experience I've gained from running a successful mid-volume forum (and a few less successful forums).

People can be amazingly nice
    I get emails...
    06-02-2008, 02:40 PM
  • matt_w
    Link to Retouching Site
    by matt_w
    Hi all, I believe way back several months ago, I saw a link here to an incredible portrait site. The imagery as I recall was either B&W or very muted colors, with incredible vibrance, such as a portrait of an older gent smoking a cigar. The images were almost 3D and very dramatic. I just remember...
    05-08-2006, 10:43 PM
  • Ed_L
    Linking to another site for images
    by Ed_L
    If you take a look at this thread, you will not be able to find the image that inspired the thread. The link took you to another site to view the image. It is no longer available, and that takes a lot away from the thread for others who might not have seen it before. It's much better to attach an image...
    08-15-2003, 02:10 PM
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing password on this site not secure

I don't know if this has been brought up before yet changing my password for this site apparently is not secure i.e. not over https.

In this day and age of security breaches it seems that it would be appropriate that for both password changes and login process that this would be done over a secure channel.

Just caught me off-guard because it has been ages where I have seen/used a site without such protection.

I would suggest that the site is upgraded for higher security which will help the unwary form passwords being captured.

Just a suggestion.

Let me know if I am wrong about this. If I am correct about this, please let me know if this is going to be fixed or not. I would prefer to leave Retouch PRO if it is not going to be changed.

Thanks in advance for responses.

Re: Changing password on this site not secure

I agree. I recently logged in on my Desktop, and the updated browser (Firefox) gave dire warnings about the lack of security.

Comment

It's just that all browsers are now demanding SLL certification, and has nothing to do with the site. Besides, there really isn't any data anyone can use to their advantage (except to learn) so it doesn't really matter. Password's main function here is to identify the commenter or the topic starter.

Comment

Skoobey is right, SSL is site specific. Use a unique password and you're safe. All payment processing (patrons, video rentals) are done off-site with SSL (and better) encryption.
        Learn by teaching
        Take responsibility for learning

Comment

Working...
        X