No announcement yet.

Early Warning: we're moving!

Collapse

Related Topics

Collapse

• Doug Nelson
    We're moving
    by Doug Nelson
    As I promised, the funds generated by the recent donation drive are being used to move us to a new and much better webserver. In fact, we're moving to the best one I could find, with an excellent reputation for reliability and support.

Right now I'm planning for the move to be a week...
    07-05-2002, 04:47 AM
  • Flora
    Moving...
    by Flora
    Hi everybody,

after nearly one and a half year of living off suitcases, our new place seems to be ready for us to move in ....

The whole procedure has kept us very busy from time to time but tomorrow, Monday the 12th, our furniture will arrive and the final step will begin......
    09-11-2005, 01:46 AM
  • Doug Nelson
    Site Update 10/28/2007
    by Doug Nelson
    We're moving!

We've outgrown our server (actually we outgrew it months ago) and I've finally worked out the last few kinks to allow moving the site to a new super-whoop-dee-do dedicated server.

My plan right now (and subject to revision) is to move next weekend (late Nov....
    10-28-2007, 06:45 AM
  • Sveltepig
    advance warning for broadcasts
    by Sveltepig
    Hi Doug
    am excited to hear that you have a whole year of broadcasts planned.
    I s there any way you could let us have a schedule (perhaps monthly) of future events?
    Sometimes 2 days is very short notice.
    thanks
    Karin
    12-04-2009, 02:01 AM
  • jeaniesa
    I need to take a short break...
    by jeaniesa
    I just wanted to let you all know that I'll be taking a short break from RP. I've got a huge deadline that I'm working towards at the end of June and new tasks are being added to my plate almost daily. RP is usually a place of respite for me, but the past few days I've felt my stomach tightening whenever...
    05-31-2003, 12:36 AM
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early Warning: we're moving!

Just so no one freaks out when it happens, I'm posting this early warning: some time in the next 30 days we'll be moving servers. This means the site will be completely closed for a couple of days, plus it will take anywhere from 1 to 4 days for everyone to be able to see the new location. Those who were with us the last time we moved know the drill.

Our new home will be much larger than this one, though not quite as large as I'd hoped. It should, however, give us plenty of room for at least a year of unbridaled growth. And the Archives will be back.

Plus I'll be using this time to upgrade a lot of the software we use to run this place, and you'll notice a lot of new features once we're back online.

Right now I'm planning on the first week of July as the move date, but it could be earlier or later than that. Make sure you're subscribed to the Updates thread to be kept fully up-to-date.
    Learn by teaching
    Take responsibility for learning
Working...
X