Speedy Server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedy Server

This new server is noticably faster. Well worth the improveent.

Glad you can see a difference. Let's hope it stays fast
    Learn by teaching
    Take responsibility for learning

Comment

It's been an interesting week......

First, RetouchPRO was m.i.a. because of the move, then I took my iBook to the shop and had them triple the memory, when I got it back, RetouchPRO was back on like (apparently) but I couldn't access any of the forum threads, and other parts of the site were also sooooooo slow.

I was engouraged by your pronouncement (which I finally viewed after waiting for about 15 minutes) tha the new server was quicker.

Lots of diagnositcs later and I finally figured out that my DSL modem is at fault, now to convince the ISP to bring me a new one.

Anyway, I'm back in business now, new server is working fine Doug, it's fast.

Margaret

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• jeaniesa
        I miss my cable connection!
        by jeaniesa
        I've been out of touch the past few days since I got caught in the [email protected]/AT&T fiasco. I've been without my usual internet access since Saturday and "borrowing" my relatives AOL accounts to log on - but it isn't the same! Most people affected are either already hooked back up to...
        12-06-2001, 10:06 PM
      • Mike Needham
        crop circles?
        by Mike Needham
        Just had to stop what I was doing to tell you of my last 3 days of Photoshop hell.

Part of my current brief for a client revolves around scanning his brochure and artwork into my machine before cleaning it up for reformatting. During the process I needed to make some alterations using...
        06-04-2002, 09:00 AM
      • TerryB
        Old guy here, new to RetouchPRO
        by TerryB
        Hello from sunny coastal South Carolina, USA.

Started fooling around with Photoshop five or six years ago as a retirement hobby, then began providing entry-level restos as an ancillary service in the mail store where I was working part-time. Resto business picked up quicker than I expected,...
        11-16-2008, 09:12 AM
      • Doug Nelson
        Computer hairballs
        by Doug Nelson
        Starting a few days ago I started having random system freezes. No BSOD or anything, just everything would suddenly stop, no mouse, no keyboard, my computer screen became a still photo. So, I started investigating.

In spite of the fact that all my internet research said it was a hardware...
        04-19-2005, 01:19 PM
      • DJ Dubovsky
        First one in...
        by DJ Dubovsky
        So Doug do I get a prize for being the first member to sign on to the new site. Ha Ha
        It's alot different in ways but I love the easier formatting. I think this will be the start of a good thing.
        Congratulations on your new home "server"
        DJ
        08-09-2001, 02:48 PM
      Working...
      X