love the new email bulletin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• love the new email bulletin

it is new, isn't it? I haven't been asleep or something?

fast and easy. love it.

I'm glad you like it, but if you'll check over on the left under your name you'll see you registered here in August, and have posted 217 times, all on this exact same board
    Learn by teaching
    Take responsibility for learning

Comment

?????

this came like an email, i know that much never happened before.

stretch, yawn, rub eyes. i like what you've done with the place

Comment

ah,.....yeah...the email. I really liked that too. I was able to quickly browse some new posts...right there in my email

NICE ADDITION!!!!

Comment

Ah, ok. Yeah, the email is new, I just installed it. I'm still playing with it, but I'm planning on doing it monthly. I'll still continue the weekly updates (in the "Updates") forum, which you can subscribe to so it will email you to let you know I've posted new updates (how many times can I say "updates" in one post?)

I'm glad you like it. It was a lot of work to install
          Learn by teaching

Comment

Yeah - that e-mail is great! When it lists "latest threads", how far bacck does it go? 12 hours? 24 hours? -Jeanie

Comment

It's set by "number of threads", which could make for a very long email if I tried for more than a day or two
              Learn by teaching

Comment

I think this will really be good for making sure posts don't go unnoticed. Loved it. So will we be getting them every few days?
                DJ

Comment

So does it send an e-mail every time it reaches the "number of threads" limit? Just wondering if I can use it to catch all of the threads or if some might still fall through the cracks. -Jeanie

Comment

No, I have to decide to send it out manually, then tell it what to include, how many threads, etc. I was trying to keep it manageable, we'll see how everyone else feels and go from there.

Since it's to be monthly, it could go on for pages if it listed every thread posted that month.
                    Learn by teaching

Comment

It would be nice if it was an option avialable. I'd personally like to get an email once a week with the latest topics and what not. Is that a capability of it? Or is it strictly a manual type of module?

Comment

Strictly manual right now. But who knows? Some degree of customization might be available some day. When we first got this board in August even the email bulletin version we're using now wasn't available.

This is a good message board program, with a lot of continuous development. All sorts of things might change
                        Learn by teaching

Comment

I suppose a request to get the e-mail forum list once a week would be too much?
                          DJ

Comment

What am I missing? Are you talking about the Community Bulletin? I don't see any way to browse through the new posts from there.

Ed

Comment

Liked the email bulletin board. With all of the activity on this board it's a great way to keep track of everything in a nutshell.
                              Maybe bimonthly would be a good compromise. How much sleep do you need anyway Doug!

Comment

Working...
                              X