• Show
Clear All
    No photos found.

Related Topics

Collapse

• Doug Nelson
    Question: What is "Thread hijacking"?
    by Doug Nelson
    Thread hijacking is a term I just found for an old problem: radical departure from the topic of a thread. I guess a lot of folks view a thread as a discussion between them and one or two others, like a little chat room. But it just ain't so.

A lot of users join because they find a thread...
    07-05-2003, 11:02 AM
  • DJ Dubovsky
    Threads going unnoticed
    by DJ Dubovsky
    I know I'm not the only one who has noticed that every now and then someone will post a thread that will go totally unnoticed. I don't know exactly why this happens but I thought I would bring it to everyones attention. If you post a thread and notice no one answers it or no on responds to one of...
    12-17-2001, 09:31 PM
  • Mining Art
    Forum Search Function
    by Mining Art
    I was wondering how the forum New Posts is set up. Seems like when I return to find a thread the function will bring up a whole different batch of posts. I have been saving the links to find threads as they do not stick in one place it seems? Posting activity does not appear to be the issue, as the...
    12-30-2007, 11:31 AM
  • Doug Nelson
    TIP: How did I miss that thread?
    by Doug Nelson
    The way the forum tracks which threads you've read and which ones you haven't is a bit complicated, and far from foolproof. Frequently it will think you've read posts you actually haven't.

The primary culpret is a restriction to the forum software that's necessary to keep it from overwhelming...
    11-23-2001, 03:44 PM
  • Caitlin
    by Caitlin
    I have found the New Posts feature invaluable - and is basically how I access the forum now. HOWEVER it doesn't seem completely accurate. I notice I'm missing out on a number of posts - for instance there was a new post in the April Contest this morning, but it didnt come up on the New Posts list. ...
    04-17-2005, 04:50 PM
Working...
X