TIP: Thread ratings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TIP: Thread ratings

Did you know you can 'rate' threads? Down in the right corner there's a 'rate this thread' dropdown box so you can let people know how great or boring a given thread is.
    Learn by teaching
    Take responsibility for learning

This is really embarrassing, but...

I cannot find an explanation of what the various rating symbol represent, and I am not able to figure it out either, so...

Please...?

Comment

Vegard,

Are you talking about the icons? Since Doug posted this tip the site has changed and the rating option is up at the top (Thread Tools - Search this Thread - Rate Thread). The rating symbols are one through five stars with explanations next to them, and I reckon that anyone could figure *those* out.

So, my best guess is you're looking at the icons that appear in the box headed "Post Icons" when you're posting a message? If so, and if your browser supports it, you can get pop-up descriptions by hovering your mouse pointer over them for a few seconds. These aren't particularly informative, though, and really the icons are more decorative than anything else.

Comment

Ah, I changed to Netscape and it supports "hovering with the mouse"

Safari doesn't

Thanks, Leah!

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Doug Nelson
          Question: What is "Thread hijacking"?
          by Doug Nelson
          Thread hijacking is a term I just found for an old problem: radical departure from the topic of a thread. I guess a lot of folks view a thread as a discussion between them and one or two others, like a little chat room. But it just ain't so.

A lot of users join because they find a thread...
          07-05-2003, 12:02 PM
        • Bob Walden
          where did it go
          by Bob Walden
          With all the great help available I am having a problem. I'm thinking there is a simple solution others are using. After reading an answer to a thread how are people marking them so as to return to them later. I realise there is an archive but how are you getting back to a subject w/o going though all...
          10-13-2001, 11:37 AM
        • Doug Nelson
          TIP: How did I miss that thread?
          by Doug Nelson
          The way the forum tracks which threads you've read and which ones you haven't is a bit complicated, and far from foolproof. Frequently it will think you've read posts you actually haven't.

The primary culpret is a restriction to the forum software that's necessary to keep it from overwhelming...
          11-23-2001, 04:44 PM
        • DJ Dubovsky
          Threads going unnoticed
          by DJ Dubovsky
          I know I'm not the only one who has noticed that every now and then someone will post a thread that will go totally unnoticed. I don't know exactly why this happens but I thought I would bring it to everyones attention. If you post a thread and notice no one answers it or no on responds to one of...
          12-17-2001, 10:31 PM
        • Doug Nelson
          TIP: Use thread updates
          by Doug Nelson
          If there is any thread you're particularly interested in (like one you started) you can click "Receive updates to this thread" and you'll get an email anytime someone posts in that thread. This is also known as 'subscribing' to a thread.

The email has a link that will take you...
          08-16-2001, 04:29 PM
        Working...
        X