Art for Art's Sake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Art for Art's Sake

Another chainmail experiment. These are not Challenges, they're just fun. Our first try at this was fun. We got a great image, and some excellent feedback.

I learned a couple of things from the initial foray. We'll try handling things a little differently this time and see how it goes.

Email me with the subject line "Art for Art's Sake" if you want to participate. Even if you've already announced you're interested, email me with that subject line. It's the only way I have of keeping track of everyone.

I will email you back, one at a time, with the FTP address where the file is stored. Download it and make your contribution. Then rename it and upload it back to the same address. Then email me that you've uploaded it (important!).

A few necessary things for this to work:

1. We can't use JPG, so anyone that chooses to participate should be able to FTP a TIF file of size 2-5 meg
    2. Several people will be waiting their turn, so when you get your turn try not to take too long.
    3. Don't resize or resample to a different resolution
    4. Flatten your image before sending back.
    5. Leave it as a TIF file
    6. Email me when you've uploaded your version

Once demand has died off, I'll announce that this version is closed, and post the original and what we came up with here. Don't post any of your interim images, at least until this version is closed.

Feel free to ask questions here.
    Learn by teaching
    Take responsibility for learning

This version is closed. If I missed your request, I apologize. Still some tracking bugs. We'll have another very soon.

Ok, here we go.

Here's what we began with:
    Attached Files
    Learn by teaching

Comment

And here's where we ended up (drumroll, please):
      Attached Files
      Learn by teaching

Comment

Drumroll is right! Very cool artwork. We sure have some talented people around here.

Ed

Comment

sorry for this question but:

Nelson have u made the first image "art4art-orig" with ps?????????????????????????????????

Comment

wow, that turned out really cool and interesting!!

- David

Comment

Ap:

The original is stock art that's available on everyone's PS cd.
              Learn by teaching

Comment

That's really cool. You have to really look at it to see it all. Love that eye and the aliens are cute. Thumbs up to all the artistis.
                DJ

Comment

Wow - that's really cool!! Kudos to everyone who contributed!!
                  Jeanie

Comment

Wow, it’s amazing to see how much the original image changed! Very creative and I just love the end results! So are aliens a requirement for chain mail art? I seem to recall that ET was in the last one. I also see that the RetouchPro t-shirt made it in. Too Cute! Kudos to all the contributing artists!!

-T

Comment

Hee hee...I didn't notice the t-shirt
                      Learn by teaching

Comment

Originally posted by T Paul
                        So are aliens a requirement for chain mail art? I seem to recall that ET was in the last one. I also see that the RetouchPro t-shirt made it in. Too Cute!
                        -T
                        I was actually working on a card for someone and was painting a little alien when I got the email that it was my turn for the chain mail. It seemed only natural to include the little guys...and I did remember ET from the first one! No aliens next time...promise!

Comment

No aliens next time...promise!
                          Speaking of next time.....?

Comment

Hey! I wanna play? When is the next one?

Comment