Cornucopia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cornucopia

Greetings all! It’s time for another round of (everyone all together now)…ART TAG!

The holidays are fast approaching and this Art Tag will be a Thanksgiving theme. The image will be an empty cornucopia that the players get to fill.

Cornucopia , in Greek mythology, magnificent horn that filled itself with whatever meat or drink its owner requested. Some legends designate it as a horn of the river god Achelous, others as a horn of the goat Amalthaea. It is often represented as filled with fruits and flowers and has become the symbol of plenty.

SO, if you are interested in playing, just send me a PM!

Don't know what Art Tag is? Click here to find out more.

~T
    Last edited by T Paul; 11-14-2002, 07:50 AM.

T - when will you be starting it?
    Jeanie

Comment

I can start it tomorrow if I get enough players. If not then Friday 22 Nov. It will be up to the players, so PM me your preference!

~T

Comment

There is still time to sign up for ART TAG! This round will start 22 Nov. So far we have two players, so don't be shy and give Art Tag a try!

~T

Comment

This round of Art Tag is now closed. Great job to all those that played!

Here was the starting image.
          Attached Files

Comment

Here is how the image changed from person to person.
            Attached Files

Comment

And here is the final image!
              Attached Files

Comment

Wow, great job everyone. Happy Thanksgiving to all.
                Debbie

Comment

Wow - very creative!

Can whoever made the "blocky things" please share how they did that?

Thanks, Jeanie

Comment

Ooh, yeah I wanna know how that was done too. really cool effect! it's amazing how different it gets when it goes from person to person, when I got it, it was just the Cornucopia and the scene inside there when it got to me (I added the turkey) here's what it looked like when I was done with it:

- David
                    Attached Files

Comment

Well I can't believe how much my empty cornucopia changed. The results were fantastic, but a bit much for my Thanksgiving table (grin). Here is how I filled it. I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

~T
                      Attached Files

Comment

Wow T! What a great job of Photoshopping you did - it looks so real....

We hope you had a great Thanksgiving too! (Mine was completely fantastic, btw...)

Comment

Thanks Jak, it was done in several layers, with a blending mode I call hot glue gun.

Mine started off fine, but didn't end up exactly that way as some family members brought a stomach virus with them...yuck, but hey it is that time of year.

All are doing much better now.

~T

Comment

Originally posted by jeaniesa
                            Wow - very creative!

Can whoever made the "blocky things" please share how they did that?

Thanks, Jeanie
                            I bet that was me - blocky things = extrude. I took a mountain picture and extruded it. I know I used a blend mode of some sort to overlay it on the other pic, and I know I lowered the opacity - other than that it was just an extrude experiment that I was trying (that didn't do what I was hoping) that I thought looked interesting in this instance.

Comment

Cool! I'm gonna have to experiment with that, cause I really like the effect you got, unintentional or not!

- David

Comment