Art Tag - Sock Hop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LMAO!

That turned out great! I LOVE the small print!

Comment

Hi!

... It really did turn out quite funny .... in spite of my partecipation .... I nearly ruined it all .... But T Paul kindly gave me another chance ....

Jennifer I just couldn't resist your invitation.... ..Thanks for thinking of me... I had a lot of fun!!!!

Comment

Love it! ---- I had a blast with this, what an add! I'm ready to buy it now! LOL

Great job --- so who had what?????

I got the first image and added the saddle shoes (how can you have a sock hop without them!) --- unfortunatley shoes come in twos and T-paul was kind enough to give us three socks!

Comment

Hi Jill!

I was N° 6 .... responsible for the bagpipers materializing out of the spray can and marching on the tartan path ....

Comment

I was #4, I added most of the fine print at the bottom (but it was spelled correctly when I submitted it, honest).
            Learn by teaching
            Take responsibility for learning

Comment

I think I was #2. I added the hand/spray can and the plaid spray on the socks. I couldn't resist! It was the only idea stuck in my mind!!!

Doug the fine print was hysterical!

T Paul, thanks so much for inviting us to do this!

Comment

Very fun! I'm bummed I couldn't play this round, but the timing just didn't work for me. Next time for sure though!!

Jeanie

Comment

And here are the results from Group 2!!!!

Same starting image by Scott Bauer
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by T Paul; 06-30-2003, 01:09 PM.

Comment

Progress from person to person
                    Attached Files

Comment

And the final image...

I found it interesting that both groups put a shoe or shoes on the socks and both went the advertising route.

Great job by all the players!!!

P.S.

The next round will be 11 July.
                      Attached Files

Comment

I was in the first group, if Doug was 4th, I must have been third. When I got the image I was kinda stumped as to what to do as far as adding photo elements so I just added some text and logos.. this was a fun round!!

- David

Comment

Sorry David.

That means you followed me and my plaid. Like I said, it was the only idea stuck in my mind. I had to go with it. Glad you were able to make it work.

Group 2, yours turned out great too! Who all participated in that one?

Comment

Hi Jennifer,

I'm new to RetouchPro/Art Tag and was delighted to participate in round 2 of Sock Hop. My contribution was 4th. I modified the edge of the socks/shoe selection a bit to make a strong white fringe a bit less noticeable, added the transparent frame, and little foot print shapes on the shoe and top of the socks. I should have built a layer style (as I had done for the embossed foot print on the boot) with a fabric texture for the socks rather than just using using a stroked and filled shape with a blend mode but...oh well, live and learn!

BTW the results of group one were hysterical... well done!

This was so much fun that I've signed up for the next round.

Cheers,
                            Welles

Comment

idea blank...

Well, I got the Group 2 one with just the face on the yellow sock (2nd??), anyhow, I spent WAYYYY to long with ideas, just as one would come to mind, it didn't seem to fit right...

Anyhow...got the boot on and felt like I needed to keep going with the rest of the socks.

Oh well, it was fun, but challening, my idea well picked a bad time to peter out!

Comment

This is the first time I have been involved in Art-Tag.

I was the first on group 2, made the sock-puppet smiley face. It was a real trip being first, with the idea that whatever I did might head us down a paticular path, not wanting to do too much or too little. I had envisioned a possible puppet theatre or a conversation between socks or ... ? That is what makes this so interesting and challenging, because I know now that all of us have that same pressure no matter where we are in the line up.

Now I know not to worry about it so much, no matter what I do it can go in any direction. I had a blast and have signed up for the next run.

My fav was group one - it's a riot!

Roger

Comment