No announcement yet.

Contest FAQs

Collapse

Related Topics

Collapse

• T Paul
    June 05 Contest Votes
    by T Paul
    Voting will run from 23 June to 30 June 2005. Deadline for votes is 5pm EDT 30 June 2005.

Only those that entered the contest may vote. All other votes will be deleted.

Vote for the 5 best entries in order.

Note you cannot vote for your own image. If you...
    05-27-2005, 09:20 AM
  • byRo
    Feb 06 Contest Votes
    by byRo
    Voting will run from 22 Feb to 28 Feb 2006. Deadline for votes is 6pm GMT 28 Feb 2006.

If you did not enter the Feb 06 Contest, but would like to comment on an entry, please post your comments to the Feb 06 Discussion Thread.

-> Vote for the 5 best entries in order....
    02-02-2006, 07:38 AM
  • Frank Lopes
    March 2009 Photo Competition: Votes
    by Frank Lopes
    The voting period for this month's contest, is now open.

Voting Period:
    • March 28, 6:00pm EST to March 31, 10:00pm EST

Discussion Period:
    • March 1, 20009 to March 31, 6:00pm EST

Voting Tabulation:
    • Vote for the 3 entries you like the best by
    03-01-2009, 02:22 AM
  • CJ Swartz
    Vote for your Favorite Photo - May
    by CJ Swartz
    This voting thread is now open and will close this Saturday May 31st at 10pm (PDT)

You may view the entries in the Competition thread or all together here: -- http://www.pbase.com/shadepuppy/competition

Voting is open to all RetouchPro members.

Post your choices...
    05-30-2008, 12:03 AM
  • T Paul
    Jan 08 Contest Votes
    by T Paul
    Voting will run from 25 Jan to 31 Jan 2008. Deadline for votes is 5pm EST.

Only those that entered the contest may vote. All other votes will be deleted. If you did not enter, but would like to comment on an entry, please post your comments in the Jan 08 Contest Discussion thread....
    01-01-2008, 12:43 PM
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contest FAQs

Starting this thread to try and reduce answering the same questions over and over again.

How are the votes calculated?

5 points for each first place vote,
    4 points for each second place vote,
    3 points for each third place vote,
    2 points for each fourth place vote,
    1 point for each fifth place vote

Comment

What happens in a tie for first?

The tie breaker is determined by who has the most first place votes. If it is a tie again, then we will look at who has the most second place votes and so on until a winner is determined.

In the event that the tie cannot be broken, the forum moderators will vote to determine the winner.
      Last edited by T Paul; 01-23-2013, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Anonymous Entries

Why can't entries be kept anonymous until after the voting?

Many reasons, with the main one being that the current forum software just doesn't support it.

Comment

Why Not Use The Gallery?

Why can’t the thumbnails be placed in the gallery for easier viewing?

The gallery software is completely different software from the forum and does not support the moderating function.

Comment

Can I change my entry?

You can change your entry until the end of the contest.

Note you are not allowed more than one entry so you will have to replace your original entry or delete it. If there are more than one entry for a person at the end of a contest, all entries for that person will be disqualified.

Comment

Can I change my votes?

Once you submit your votes you are not allowed to change them. The votes are tallied as them come in so any changes in the votes may not be reflected in the final results.
              Last edited by T Paul; 09-01-2009, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Can I vote if I don’t enter the contest?

If you did not enter the contest, you are not allowed to vote in the voting thread to determine the winner, but you are more than welcome to submit your comments to the contest discussion thread.

Comment

Definitions:

retouch
                  1.To add new details or touches to for correction or improvement (i.e. color and tone correction).
                  2.To improve or change (a photographic negative or print), as by adding minor details (i.e. highlights in eyes) or removing flaws (i.e. blemishes, cracks, tears).

restore
                  To bring back to an original condition: restore a photo.

manipulation
                  Changing the look of a photo by adding or deleting elements to it, and/or altering existing elements (i.e. shrinking a nose, removing a person)

photo art
                  Changing the appearance of a photo to look like it was created in an art medium such as oil, watercolor, pencil, charcoal, crayon and so on.

Comment

Resizing and Attaching Images

These threads should help those having trouble attaching and/or resizing images...

Attaching Files or Images to Threads or Posts

Resizing Images

Comment

Can I vote more than once?

If you vote more than once, all your votes with be disqualified.

If you vote for the same person more than once, your votes will be disqualified.

If you vote for more than one person for a particular place (i.e. two names for first place), your votes will be disqualified.
                      Last edited by T Paul; 09-30-2009, 09:38 PM. Reason: update

Comment

Rules

Remember to follow the contest rules to avoid having your entries or votes disqualified.

Comment

Deadlines

Entries or votes turned in after the deadline or changed after the deadline will be disqualified.

Comment

Working...
                          X