Sep 07 Contest Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sep 07 Contest Discussion

Add your comments, questions or general discussion about the Contest entries here. This is also a great place to share your techniques or ask others about theirs.

Most members are eager to hear comments/suggestions about their entries, so please take the time to help each other out.

Re: Sep 07 Contest Discussion

These aren't entries, obviously. I was just fiddling and liked the look of them, so I thought I'd share. Only using blend modes and adjustment layers.
    Attached Files
    Learn by teaching
    Take responsibility for learning

Comment

Re: Sep 07 Contest

Great work all!!!!!!!

lg Calvin

Comment

Hi - quick question - can I put retouched photo into my personal portfolio? What about copyrigt?

Comment

Yes these can be used in your portfolio, you just can't sell copies or claim the original is yours. You should also credit the photographer.
          Learn by teaching

Comment

Ok, thanks! (photographer = Calvin Hollywood?)

Comment

Originally posted by tymczasem View Post
              Ok, thanks! (photographer = Calvin Hollywood?)
              That's the name he gave me.
              Learn by teaching

Comment

Doug

I did a quick google and found this web site for Calvin Hollywood
                http://www.calvinhollywood.de/

Comment

To Calvin Hollywood: Thanks for providing the source photo for this month's contest. It looks like it'll be another very interesting competition. I certainly enjoyed fabricating my entry.

To all entrants: If you are going to take the time and make the effort to enter the contest, please also VOTE when the time comes. The most disappointing aspect of last month's contest was that only 24 of 58 participants voted. That's considerably less than 50%. IMHO, that's simply shameful and unfair to all involved. Make a mental note that your entry is essentially not valid until you vote!

Comment

Remember to look at the rules. I'm seeing a lot of entries at the wrong size (hint, hint)

*Final image must be exactly 500 pixels wide and 750 pixels high.

Comment

Hey Lonnie,
                      Guilty as charged, put my entry in last month, which I really enjoyed creating, then totally forgot about it when it was time to vote. Will endevour to do better this month. Again really enjoyed doing this one too.
                      Thanks to Calvin for the photo
                      Steve

Comment

My bad too, Lonnie, sorry. When I thought about voting the time was up. I won't forget again.

Comment

Hi Lon,

I might have a real problem here, since I just realized that I'll be on vacation during the voting period. My husband assured me that we can go to "some cyber cafe" so that I can vote. I hope that works out. Otherwise, I might try to send my votes, in absentia, to T.

Lorraine

Comment

This may be a stupid question, but I have a photo I'd like to submit to this contest, however, I can not get it to be 100K or smaller. I have tried reducing the resolution to like 30 dpi and saved it at jpeg quality 0, and it's still over. How do I get it smaller?

Comment

I just adjust the image size then do a save for web and that does the trick.

Comment

Working...
                              X