This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• April 05 Contest

Hypothetical Scenario: A bride and groom seek you out for your retouching skills. They really want a portrait to remember their wedding day, but the photos they have fall flat. Your challenge is to transform the wedding photo (portrait.tif) into a polished wedding portrait. You will see in the main photo, that the bride isn’t smiling. In addition to the retouching, you are to add a smile to the bride’s face. Also the bride would love for the groom’s five o’clock shadow to be removed. Your job is to retouch the existing photograph and create a wedding portrait that the bride and groom will be proud to hang on their wall. Use your judgment to determine what needs to be done.

Note: I have supplied three additional photos for source material.

Download the following photos (they are large so it may take a while).
    The best way to download the images is by rightclicking (or Cmd/Ctrl clicking) on the link and using "Save Target As".

For those that don't want to work with high resolution files, send me a PM and I will upload some lower resolution files:

THE PRIZE for this month’s contest is a copy of The Art of Photoshop by Daniel Giordan - donated by Sams Publishing

Basic Rules:
    1. Contest will run from 1 April to 23 April 2005. Deadline for entries is 5pm EST 23 April 2005.

2. This is not a Photo Art challenge. Keep the image as a photo.

3. Portrait.tif is your main file...the other photos are source material only.

4. When you submit your entry put your username in the filename (ie: tpaul.jpg). This is so users can save the images to a local directory and remember who did what.

5. Your final image size should be as close to 800 px on the long size and 600 px on the short size as possible. How you chose to crop your image may cause some variations in these dimensions. Also remember that the file cannot be larger than 100KB.

6. Post your entries to this thread. Please restrict your comments, questions or discussion to the April 05 Contest Discussion thread. Inappropriately placed posts will be deleted.

7. Only one entry per person.

8. Voting will run from 24 April to 30 April. Only those with entries may vote. You will vote for the 5 best entries in order. Post your votes in the following thread (April 05 Contest Votes). Note you cannot vote for your own image.

Finally, we can only offer future prizes if lots of people enter, so invite everyone you know that might be interested. The more the merrier and please don’t forget to post your entry/comment/vote to the correct thread--there will be three!! Posts made to the incorrect thread will be deleted.
    Entries: April 05 Contest Entries

Discussion: April 05 Contest Discussion

Votes: April 05 Contest Votes
    Note: RetouchPro Moderators are allowed to enter

Ok, Here is my first ever entry to a contest
    Attached Files

Comment

Here's my revised entry.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Gary Richardson; 04-07-2005, 04:04 PM. Reason: Previously posted wrong sized image.

Comment

Love the site, keep up the good work guys. Here's my entry.
        Attached Files

Comment

Here's mine (would have been done sooner, but had to erase the flying cupids).
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Doug Colwell; 04-02-2005, 07:27 PM. Reason: lighten up the eyes a bit and tweak hand colour.

Comment

Bridal Couple
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Neve; 04-03-2005, 07:52 PM. Reason: Tried to add large image for viewing but failed

Comment

Wedding Retouching/ourprissymiss

Here's my entry
              Attached Files

Comment

Here is mine.

Click here for lager view Here is mine.

Jean
                TwinANJ
                Attached Files
                Last edited by TwinANJ; 04-04-2005, 07:19 PM. Reason: Link to larger view 2nd edit had the link incorrect

Comment

Great Contest. I really enjoyed this!

Adding mine to the list.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by 1STLITE; 04-06-2005, 02:31 AM.

Comment

april 5 contest

I enjoyed it, thank you
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by terivon; 04-12-2005, 11:12 PM. Reason: Poor thing. I gave her Tammy Faye eyelashes. I fixed them though. Whew!

Comment

my Entry

nothing fancy
                      Attached Files

Comment

Wedding Portrait

My attempt. A fun contest
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by philbach; 04-03-2005, 07:21 AM.

Comment

here's mine

If you want a larger view click on the link below:
                          Link to Larger View
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by TwinbNJ; 04-04-2005, 06:52 PM. Reason: add link to larger view

Comment

Here is mine.

Septia/cropped/layered
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Legacy~Art; 04-04-2005, 11:43 AM. Reason: Uploaded the wrong one

Comment

here's my attempt
                              Attached Files

Comment