No announcement yet.

PS Graphics - Starting from scratch

Collapse

Related Topics

Collapse

• okplayer
    Photos on a "negative" strip
    by okplayer
    I want to take a few photos of a person, lets use 5... I want to put these photos on a "negative" strip in photoshop, similar to this: image A and then i want to bend the whole strip so it looks more similar to this image b i don't think it'd be easily accomplished in photoshop, so i was thinking...
    01-28-2004, 02:36 PM
  • Fazools
    My 9-11 / WTC photos...
    by Fazools
    After 5 years I had to finally sit down and face a few demons. One of those ways was going back and looking at the photos I took, although not graphic, they brought back some vivid memories. So this was very helpful to do, and figured some of you might be interested in seeing them. One note, I am not...
    09-12-2006, 12:40 AM
  • Juliana Ross
    one of those can it be done questions
    by Juliana Ross
    Hi Everyone
    (posted this in another thread but figured I would have been better of starting it in its own)

I've been wondering about this question for awhile, and am not that deep into playing with photoshop yet.

For photos that have cracks, warps and bends is...
    01-21-2005, 02:55 PM
  • Doug Nelson
    Any RPG fans here?
    by Doug Nelson
    I'm currently playing Dungeon Siege II (only about 1/3 way through), and just yesterday signed onto World of Warcraft. I'm not exactly new at this (played the paper versions back in the 70s) but I've been only a sporadic player, so I'm not very good at it
    09-02-2005, 04:33 PM
  • kewl_head
    merge photos together
    by kewl_head
    Can someone help me merge these photos together. I can't seem to match the noise in the other photo (girl). I want to make it look like we took the picture together. Please submit your merge photos and how you did it. I'm using photoshop 7. Thanks in advance. ...
    09-09-2005, 01:38 AM
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks-- it (the pen tool) is very cool once you start to get a grasp on it---I found a tutorial that has you trace things to get going and that really helped.

-K

Comment

Long live tutorials

Hi,

If you remember the address of that pen tutorial that you found useful could you post it - there may be others who would find it useful. Most of the things that I have learnt about Photoshop and Illustrator I got from on-line tutorials.

Have visited your myspace - best of luck with the music.

indigo

Comment

I think these are the 2 tutorials I started with just to try and get the hang of making curves with the pen...I am still working on it. Thanks for visiting the mySpace!

-Kate

http://www.planetphotoshop.com/tutorials_tools.html

http://www.melissaclifton.com/tutorial-pentool2.html

Comment

Playing around with some CS3 features...

I was messing around with smart filters and the quick selection tool--pretty cool features. I could render the leaves, then use the quick selector to keep only the leaves I wanted with no partial leaves like I'd get with the standard eraser (well, almost--I was being quick-n-sloppy.)

Bart
          Attached Files

Comment

Re: PS Graphics - Starting from scratch

Bart, that's a fun and colorful picture.
            I need to try this sometime.
            Lots of neat stuff in this thread.

Comment

sorry to bump such an OLD thread but here it goes anyway this was one of my first attempts at creating something from "scratch" so be kind lol
              Attached Files

Comment

I found some interesting tutorials here.... check out the #52 water splash tut!

http://revision3.com/pixelperfect/

Comment

Great work. Love the tree, makes me happy :-) Anyway, I hope text is OK? I had to go somewhere with it... The background is just a simple shape drawn with the pen tool, turned to a selection, filled, and then a zoom blur. I resized my path, turned it into a selection and repeated the process. Typed my son's name, rasterized the text, zoom blur (again). Then typed my son's name again, rasterized, selected parts of the letters with the lasso tool to separate it. Finally, applied a layer mask and some blending options for the burnt areas.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I think this is the only thing I've ever done without starting from a Photo or scanned image..

Link.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Re: PS Graphics - Starting from scratch

Originally posted by Nasturtium View Post
                      I think this is the only thing I've ever done without starting from a Photo or scanned image..
                      Not a bad start for a new direction. Glad we're getting you to stretch. Keep it up!
                      Learn by teaching
                      Take responsibility for learning

Comment

I live in North Carolina so I see alot of mountains. I decided to paint a pic of my natural surroundings. I used the painting tools and brushes for actually "painting" for a change. This was an interesting challenge, pulling myself away from using those tools for just retouching.
                        Thanks
                        Chris
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by bananabone; 02-01-2009, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Have you ever had one of those ideas that you just can't shake? Well this is it for me. lol

In the first I used sky and grass patterns blended with a mask. The trees are shapes with a 'spiky bush' pattern which I gave shadows. The sun and sky texture, was a filter - I think-I don't really remember.

For the second one I simply started out with three colored stripes and twirled them at 500. The middle bit was a kaleidoscope (Medhi) I masked into the 'twirl'. The black cracks is yet another pattern.

I'm curious how far I can take this. ( I tried to start a new thread but I didn't appear to have permission )
                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                          X