glowing alien

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• glowing alien

Just recently stumbled in here...saw the glowfish entry and it was a great rendition....
    maybe this isn't quite glow but ....
    Using an alien head I had I
    overlayed left eye...applied a jewel preset which introduced the red...duped and flipped.Shaped a green overlay on head...applied a greenjewel effect ...which intoduced the lines..Dragged original off and deleted.Instead of applying a glow preset , I tried creating glow by fooling with drop shadows...for green x=1 y=1 tran 16%-size200 soft edge150 green -0-195-26.
    Created a red 255- 105 round 3d -border10 and used this object to create shadow same as before except red229.
    Split shadow ...deleted red object .added a light effect.
    Merged red glows as single object an added light effect.

I hope I met the correct protocol in this sub mission

regards
    tom
    Tried pasting here (can it be done?)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by tom c; 02-20-2002, 07:36 AM.

OH boy, I hope I never see him in a dark alley. You sure did this challenge good. I like the green glow around his head too. Nice touch. Very good Tom (and very scary)
    DJ

Comment

The purpose of the Gallery Challenge is to have fun while working without the literal boundaries of the other Challenges. You did a great job of fulfilling that purpose
      Learn by teaching
      Take responsibility for learning

Comment

Tom,

Talk about alien encounters…spooky! You did a great job creating a glowing effect for both the eyes and the alien itself. I almost feel like it is trying to hypnotize me or scan me or something. Great job!

-T

Comment

Working...
        X