Blacknight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blacknight

a picture of my flower after a rain. Original was blue, background green.

Copied the image and ran Eye Candy 3 Antimatter, then did an inverse. That gave me a white flower with yellow/green veins. Set the blend to Difference (Hey Danny!)

Played with hue/sat on the bottom layer until I got something I liked - kind of an orangish flower with a cyan center.

Ran selective color and changed the background (non-flower) colors a little to suit.

Increased the canvas size and made a matte and a SPLAT! frame (just for Doug cuz I know how much he likes frames!)

Attached Files
    Last edited by Blacknight; 08-08-2002, 06:25 PM.

Very nice! I just need to get my blacklight out! I like the delicate blue petals with the punch of green veins. Nicely done!

-T

Comment

HELP! I can't stop!

I hadn't seen this thread/challenge before. If I had I certainly would have submitted. Since I didn't, I'll make up for lost time. Can more than one be submitted? I guess we'll see!

I had a picture of fire, which when inverted gives you blue flames. That was the first layer. flipped vertically.

I took a picture of icicles I had and put that the next layer up, setting the mode to color. You really can't see what it is after that, but I liked the way it changed the color of the "flames"

Then I took a picture of a model I had and placed that on the top, setting the blend to screen.

Played with hue/sat on some layers a little. Ran pstewart's stylize/diffuse/anisotropic on the background just to see what it would do and I totally loved it.

Added a little noise just to even things out somewhat.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Blacknight; 08-09-2002, 02:34 AM.

Comment

Oooh, very nice! I love the movement and color that the flames add to the photo. And the model's eyes are very captivating. A very mystical image!! I will have to try pstewart's stylize/diffuse/anisotropic on a background to experiment for myself. Nicely done!

-T

Comment

Both are very nice, but I love the first one (flower).
          Learn by teaching
          Take responsibility for learning

Comment

Not a fan of the first one at all! However the second one is sublime - love the colours and the composition seems to work so well with the subject matter.

Comment

Mike: If memory serves, the first ones I post usually manage to avoid making your fan list, so I think I will just put up whatever I am planning to put up second first. No, wait - I can't do that, because then it would be first. Catch-22. What a fix!

Doug: I KNEW you'd like it, cuz of the frame!

T: Glad you liked them all. See - you can please some of the people all of the time (well, maybe most of the time).

Last edited by Blacknight; 08-09-2002, 11:55 PM.

Comment

Melting Model

Blacknight, I LOVE your model with the "melting" face...so much that I downloaded it into my "keeper" file so I can be inspired over and over again. I'm glad that you were able to benefit from one of my techniques, since I have learned so much here from all of you...nice to be able to return a favor.

Phyllis

Comment

LidoBlu:

I thought your entry deserved its own thread, so I split it off. Hope you don't mind.
                  Learn by teaching
                  Take responsibility for learning

Comment

I don't mind at all Doug. I adore being taken care of.

Blu

Comment