Shinyberries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shinyberries

This was so simple I'm almost embarrassed to upload it. I took this image, copied the blue channel as a layer, and set blend mode to luminosity. That's it.

Well, OK, I did fiddle just a tad with the blend-if controls, but that was an afterthought just to bring out a bit of the darkest shadows.
    Attached Files
    Learn by teaching
    Take responsibility for learning

Them are sure pretty strawberries Doug! Where’s some chocolate sauce when you need it!

Wow, for so few steps, the results are quite impressive. The strawberries almost look metallic. It doesn’t look like the luminosity had any effect on the leaves though. Also looks like emboss was used as well.

Nicely done,

~T

Comment

No emboss, honest
      Learn by teaching
      Take responsibility for learning

Comment

They're beautiful, but for some reason "chewing on tinfoil" keeps popping into my head...

Ouch....

Comment

It's amazing how so little can do so much. Tinfoil strawberries? Put a little sugar on them.

Ed

Comment

Oh, Doug, they look delicious! You achieved just the right shine to make them look too good to be real. And, sadly, they AREN'T real...sigh. It's late at night and all the stores are closed...and strawberries aren't in season anyway...and YOU MADE ME HUNGRY FOR STRAWBERRIES! Meanie.

Phyllis

Comment

That's neat, Doug. And so simple. I can see this technique coming in handy.
              BTW - this site you put together is so deep I've been here 2 months and only now found these Gallery Challenges. Huh.
              Thanks.

Comment