Shinyberries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shinyberries

This was so simple I'm almost embarrassed to upload it. I took this image, copied the blue channel as a layer, and set blend mode to luminosity. That's it.

Well, OK, I did fiddle just a tad with the blend-if controls, but that was an afterthought just to bring out a bit of the darkest shadows.
    Attached Files
    Learn by teaching
    Take responsibility for learning

Them are sure pretty strawberries Doug! Where’s some chocolate sauce when you need it!

Wow, for so few steps, the results are quite impressive. The strawberries almost look metallic. It doesn’t look like the luminosity had any effect on the leaves though. Also looks like emboss was used as well.

Nicely done,

~T

Comment

No emboss, honest
      Learn by teaching
      Take responsibility for learning

Comment

They're beautiful, but for some reason "chewing on tinfoil" keeps popping into my head...

Ouch....

Comment

It's amazing how so little can do so much. Tinfoil strawberries? Put a little sugar on them.

Ed

Comment

Oh, Doug, they look delicious! You achieved just the right shine to make them look too good to be real. And, sadly, they AREN'T real...sigh. It's late at night and all the stores are closed...and strawberries aren't in season anyway...and YOU MADE ME HUNGRY FOR STRAWBERRIES! Meanie.

Phyllis

Comment

That's neat, Doug. And so simple. I can see this technique coming in handy.
              BTW - this site you put together is so deep I've been here 2 months and only now found these Gallery Challenges. Huh.
              Thanks.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Saikat
                attn: flora Jeani.. and all help me to remove plastic look
                by Saikat
                Remember MY FIRST POST

I have just finish the work. Its a part of my multimedia project and I have to submit it within 25 th may.

I failed to remove the plastic look properly, and I am not satisfied with the Skin( man) I made. It should look more natural.

05-14-2003, 02:58 AM
              • Chadwick
                Another one needing help!
                by Chadwick
                I have been amazed at some of the brilliant restoration work done on the old photos posted.
                I have made several attempts at improving this photo without much success - it ends up worse than it started! Could anyone give me a clue where to start to bring it back to life.
                02-24-2005, 12:28 PM
              • e.b.west
                Creative interpretations: Pasture
                by e.b.west
                Here's a scene that I have tried to do something with and I can't seem to get what I want. Of course the problem is that I don't know what I want.

See what you guys can do with it.

E.B....
                05-14-2003, 11:55 AM
              • Sanda
                Stain Removal
                by Sanda
                I have to remove the stains from this photo. It's not too bad except for one section on her arm. I've looked at the channels and the red looks to have the least damage but i'm not great with channels. How would you go about it?...
                08-07-2002, 05:04 PM
              • kbeatrice
                Blown out clothes help!
                by kbeatrice
                I'm working on a pic of my mom & her brother from the late 1930's where the clothes are pretty blown out. I've done basic work on removing the stains and big scratches, but I'm having problems with the clothes and getting the contrast to look ok. Also, there's still a lot of fine scratches you...
                04-21-2004, 10:30 PM
              Working...
              X