Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pareidoloop Retouching Challenge

Collapse
widgetinstance 175 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pareidoloop Retouching Challenge

This is a browser app that generates random rectangles while simultaneously watching the output with facial recognition software. If it sees something that looks vaguely "facial" it freezes that part and continues on elsewhere. Over time it generates an abstract shape that can be seen as a face if you squint a bit.

You can crank up the specs to vary the effect, but my experiments haven't shown that the "faces" get any more real.

This Doodle challenge is to generate a "face" using whatever specs you choose, then retouch it to look as "real" as you can. Then post both versions here.

This is for fun and to sharpen skills, not for competing or prizes. But commenting on other's work is invited, as are multiple tries. And there's no expiration date, so if you're reading this in this years from now it's still perfectly OK to post a new result.

If you blog, tweet, or facebook please post the URL for this thread so we get as many people involved as possible.

http://iobound.com/pareidoloop/
    Learn by teaching
    Take responsibility for learning

Re: Pareidoloop Retouching Challenge

This is certainly nothing even remotely like a face, but it was a cool accident I got when doing some experiments with this.
    Attached Files
    Learn by teaching

Comment

Same image, just changed the blend mode. Again, not a face, but I think it's thoroughly cool-looking.
      Attached Files
      Learn by teaching

Comment

And then combining the 2.
        Attached Files
        Learn by teaching

Comment

Working...
        X