Crux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crux

This image is composed of four scans... The face, the moon, the peace-sign/crucifix (a necklace pendant I used to wear in my younger days :-) and a direct scan of a furby-knockoff, to give the whispy effect in the picture.
    The rest is just a lot of brushplay.

hmm... apparently the attachment disappears if you choose "preview" before committing the post...

Here it is then :-)
    Attached Files

Comment

This is a very dark almost ominous image. I don’t think I would awaken from that dream feeling happy. I like the depth and texture in this image…scratchy, course, gritty -- real. The stark white face really contracts with the dark images surrounding it. My eye keeps going there and to that eye. The eye conveys a very strong expression, one that gives you the impression that you are in quite a lot of trouble. And finally, the text passages really tie the composition together. I like the balance of the orange fire in the top right with the orange glowing text in the lower left. What font did you use for the text? Nicely done.

~T

Comment

Thanx!

The font is called Bearpaw...

I got it (and other cool free fonts) from www.acidfonts.com

Comment

Very cool image. My eye keeps getting drawn to the eye near the lower left corner. It is dark and moody. Well done.

Comment

It is very interesting . Even though your image quotes the Bible it has a very dark and foreboding air to it. Feels sinister to me.

Comment

Really like this image - the peace symbol looks scarred, and the face in the corner adds to the atmosphere - the type makes you think - really great work

C

Comment

Thank you all for the kind words!

I was actually very pleased with the image myself, but there's nothing like praise and/or constructive critisism to make you want to make more

Comment

Working...
                X