Just a thought

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a thought

Every one of the patriotic posters were great! They said exactly what was going on, and mirrored the feelings of many people. I was just wondering if the creators of them would consider giving the images to the Red Cross, or some other charity to be used for sale, with the proceeds to aid in connection of the disaster. I think there would be a large purchase of them by the American people. Any thoughts on this?

Ed

Fine with me. If someone wants my stuff, help your self. Tom

Comment

I too am happy to send mine in but is there going to be problems with the fact that we used photos from the news that are problaly not ours to use? I would think that if we are not profiting by them it would be ok and the fact that it was done in the spirit of patriotism and healing for what was one of the most tragic events in most of our lives. But you might need to find out about it first. If all is ok then fine, take mine. Also would you need higher resolution for them as these are pretty low res?
      DJ

Comment

DJ, I believe you're right. Even for non-profit use, I THINK that permission would first have to be granted from each of the images creator, at least for the images of the explosion of the WTC, WTC aftermath, onlookers/victims. The images of our flag, the Statue of Liberty, and bald eagles would probably be available as public images - although it might be hard finding really good images that are in public domain. (DJ, your flag image is definitely legal - you photographed your own flag!)

I WAS hoping to do some giveaway decals for friends using images that were not copyrighted, or that didn't look like the copyrighted image any longer... but that's STILL ILLEGAL!

Comment

The destruction scenes I used were not mine. And how were we supposed to get these scenes since we can't go there ourselves? I guess this may take some inquiry to the legalities behind this idea.
          DJ

Comment

Any ideas on where to look? I really doubt if we would have a problem, but you never know for sure.

Ed

Comment

Time to root out a Lawyer and get some input from the Perry Mason crowd, perhaps. Tom

Comment

I certainly have way too many copyrighted images in my montage. I can't even stand the thought of going back through the 1800 photos on Yahoo to find out who the owners are - much less contacting them. If that weren't a problem however, I'd love to follow your suggestion Ed! -Jeanie

Comment

Working...
                X