NY Ugly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NY Ugly

This won't help in the healing process, it's not supposed to, but it does seem to capture the madness of it all. I made it a couple hours after watching the towers collapse. Some people think it's ugly, others think it's beautiful.
    Attached Files

Mig, It speaks eloquently. Congrats on a unique way of capturing the horror we must never forget. Tom

Comment

Mig
      You expressed your thoughts beautifully through your art. The healing in this challenge is supposed to be for each one who expresses themselves through thier work but we also get something from your beautiful work too by your sharing it with us. It's vivid and sharp edged but beautiful and it is a magnificant abstract on the destruction. Thank you for sharing it with us
      DJ

Comment

Mig, I happen to think it's beautiful - a very visual statement of your feelings. It's interesting that since Tuesday I've heard some people say that although the tragedy is horrendous, if you look at the actual images of the buildings collapsing (without thinking of the people inside or the damage being done), the visual effect is stunning. I happen to have a hard time separating out the visual effects from everything else, but perhaps that's some of what your image provokes as well. -Jeanie

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• TwinbNJ
          NCPPA Strips Photog’s POY Awards
          by TwinbNJ
          I have signed up for several news groups for the events section of this site --- but this head line caught my eye when I went through the E-mails tonight. I read the article with mixed feelings. We are in a very competative age for media "who has the best picture" and with the tools that...
          08-26-2003, 08:53 PM
        • Jakaleena
          How Much Artistic License?
          by Jakaleena
          Ok, ethics question here...

The scenario is that you're doing a restoration job for a client. How much artistic license do you take? And what reasons do you have for drawing the line at that particular place? What is fair game for changing, and what do you consider "sacred"?...
          05-05-2002, 11:12 AM
        • DJ Dubovsky
          Hope this boosts your spirits a little
          by DJ Dubovsky
          TRIBUTE TO THE UNITED STATES

This, from a Canadian newspaper, is worth sharing.
          America: The Good Neighbor.

Widespread but only partial news coverage was given
          recently to a remarkable editorial broadcast from
          Toronto by Gordon Sinclair, a Canadian...
          09-12-2001, 06:55 PM
        • thomasgeorge
          Discouragement
          by thomasgeorge
          Most new businesses fail before they had a chance to succeed ,mostly through unreasonable expectations of instant success. In these days of instant gratification, it almost seems that if something takes longer than a week or less to occur, its a failure, forget it, give up....Establishing a business...
          05-06-2002, 11:15 AM
        • Ed_L
          Thanks to the Doug and the moderators
          by Ed_L
          I've been a member of this site longer than any other I've been on. The reason I'm still here is because of the kind of people who make up our membership, and the moderators who keep an eye on things for us. I noticed early this morning, Chris caught a thread that could have easily turned into something...
          08-30-2002, 08:28 PM
        Working...
        X