Weep no more, my Lady

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weep no more, my Lady

There is pain and fear, and there is determination and hope.

(the image link is in a post below - didn't figure out how to make it upload until after resizing, renaming, and redoing

Lady Liberty is shedding blood and tears while still looming large over our nation, and the valiant rescuers are coming to help. The rescue crews working in NYC and at the Pentagon are examples of our best, and will be joined by the rest of us as the struggle expands and continues.

Flag background
    Statue of Liberty Face - opacity 85
    created tear drop - used Plastic Wrap filter, opacity 75
    masked background of AP images of firemen and observers tower Twin Towers explosion - 90 opacity;transformed to stretch & mimic size and scale.
    Sandstone texture on left half - left faces in fire natural to retain detail
    Adjustment layers - hue/saturation and levels

Carolyn
    Last edited by CJ Swartz; 09-15-2001, 04:38 PM.

CJ You have me all eager to see this and you forgot to upload it. It sounds great, I can't wait to see it.
    DJ

Comment

Trying again!
      Attached Files

Comment

I knew you could do it

Good job
        Learn by teaching
        Take responsibility for learning

Comment

CJ, Nice work. A fine tribute to those who risk all to save others. Tom

Comment

Alright CJ!! You finally got that upload to work. I knew it was worth waiting for. Beautiful job and very inspirational to those brave men and women battling the aftermath. Truly loved it.
            DJ

Comment

CJ, You've created a beautiful tribute to all of those who are working on the front lines of the disaster sites. Great job! -Jeanie

Comment

very nice work

Comment

no more weeping

Great collage and great message. Very poignant.

Janet

Comment

This image is one of many that our group did after 9/11 -- look at the others also --> http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/for...c&daysprune=-1

Hope the link works...

Comment