Half-n-Half

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Half-n-Half

Ever play mad scientist as a kid, or perhaps experimented with some super glue? Well now’s you chance to digitally combine some items. How about a lemon-lime or a pine cone and an apple? You can combine fruit, vegetables, animals even people. Use your imagination and your manipulation skills and see what you can create! The goal is to try an make it look as realistic as possible. ENJOY!

When you are finished with your entry post it to this thread (no URLs, please). We all will still expect some descriptions of how you did it, and you can also include your thoughts about where the idea came from, your creative process, etc.

As always, this Challenge doesn't expire, ever.

Well here at the lake we have what is called the "Duck Head Heron". This is a very rare bird indeed! You can spot this bird by it's large duck like head!

Used two pictures I took over the summer one of a blue Heron and a baby duck. Added the ducks head and used hue and sat to bring in the color of the heron.
    Attached Files

Comment

A very rare find indeed and congrats for being first again. Great job capturing this exotic species (grin)! So what does a Duck Head Heron eat?

~T

Comment

Originally posted by T Paul
        So what does a Duck Head Heron eat?

~T [/B]
        The people who sneak up and try to take their picture! LOL

Have a great holiday!

Comment

local animals

there are a lot of these running around here. makes me feel right at home
          RonDon
          Attached Files

Comment

RonDon,

You have outdone yourself! Quite the creative masterpiece here and I love the surreal environment you have fashioned. Such bizarre creatures too! I’d add just a little shadow under the dog with the baseball though. Well done!

Comment

Another approach to this challenge:

Have you seen the latest Target commercials where they combine two objects like the following:

1. a guy's head and his hair is grass
              2. guy spinning on his head and his legs are a sprinkler
              3. Group of people rowing and their oars are spoons

These combiniations are very imaginative and turned out great! I thought they could help inspire others to try their hand at combining photos for this challenge! So look around your house or if you need photos to work with look on the web for some copyright free photos to manipulate.

Comment

ok this is fun

Nice little collection of odd animals building here
                had to add to the collection..

my zebirdopotamus eats!! all the time.. little mouth compared to big big tummy

this reminds me of a great site.. for kids
                its a very well done flash site

http://www.switchzoo.com/zoo.htm

Kissed!
                Attached Files

Comment

Now that's quite a creature! So what does a zebirdopotamus eat?

Excellent job combining the animals and creating such a bizzare creature. Thanks for the link too, it's a pretty fun site...talk about being a mad scientist. I love how they animate your changes!

~T

Comment

Originally posted by T Paul
                    Now that's quite a creature! So what does a zebirdopotamus eat?

Excellent job combining the animals and creating such a bizzare creature. Thanks for the link too, it's a pretty fun site...talk about being a mad scientist. I love how they animate your changes!

~T

hehehe well looking at that belly I would say just about anything it can get its beak on!!

and thanks it was fun to do

and yes that site is great.. I had it bookmarked for a while but haven't been there since I found it. I just took a look again and I had forgotten the wonderful transitions and the sound effects too! very very well done

Kissed

Comment

Thanks for that link - I almost burned my dinner while playing it! (Not a wholly uncommon occurence around here since I often become so engrossed in something on the computer that I forget I've got food cooking on the stove. )

Jeanie

Comment

Working...
                      X