State Quarters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• State Quarters

I was watching Conan O’Brien tonight and he did a parody on State Quarters. I thought it might be a fun challenge to see what kind of State Quarters RetouchPro could come up with. You can redesign your own state or tackle another, maybe even design one for RetouchPro.

Need some inspiration:

US Mint

This challenge is pretty quite so I thought I drop some hints. The emboss filter is an excellent way to create your own quarter. Also check out the below tutorial for some step by step help:

EMBOSS

Comment

I'm from florida

Ok well .... not a real looking coin
      Attached Files

Comment

Too funny! I was hoping you tackle this challenge. Bonus points for being first!!

~T

Comment

I have no idea what this means, but it must be a state of something. Done almost entirely with Auto FX Dreamsuite.
          Attached Files
          Learn by teaching
          Take responsibility for learning

Comment

Thanks for playing Doug! So what filters did you use in Auto FX Dreamsuite?

Comment

About the only DS filter I ever seem to use is the Liquid Metal. That's the one I used here.
              Learn by teaching
              Take responsibility for learning

Comment

This challenge is pretty quite
                Well, some of us don't have states... sniff... <tries to pointedly exude feeling of being left out>. Maybe you need to broaden the subject a little towards commemerative coins in general...?

(No, "hat" wasn't strictly relevant there, but I liked the smiley)

Comment

This challenge is open to any type of quarter you want to design...state of mind, coin for RetouchPro and so on! So show us what your creative minds can come up with!!

~T

Comment

Originally posted by T Paul
                    This challenge is open to any type of quarter you want to design...state of mind, coin for RetouchPro and so on!
                    ~T
                    Apparently not.
                    After a wise man suggested that perhaps a square-designed quarter might cause pointed pants, I redesigned a quarter for Nevada so the quarter could safely fit into any slot machine in the state.
                    Never mind this was minted in 2004 and appears to have been in circulation for about 50 years. Doesn't make any sense.
                    Nevertheless, it is quite a pretty-looking quarter, it's original, and I think it would make for an appropriate design for the state of Nevada.

Mig
                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                    X