Object scanning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Object scanning

Thank you Miss Janet. That magnolia blossom is actully what it looks like if you peel the big petals off of them.

Chris

Comment

I came across this thread when I joined the forum last week. Remembered how I played around with using the scanner a while ago. and then couldn't find the image I was after. Well found it today. I scanned the rose and the background separate, played around with the layers and the tones.
      Attached Files

Comment

A somewhat dried out flower. I think there is some depth, pleased with the results. Scanned at 150 dpi color-photo mode. A black cover sheet use used. The image was enhanced some and the background was flooded with black.
        Attached Files

Comment

Friis, I really like yours. It looks like a cyanotype.
          c

Comment

Hey, just saw this thread!

I use scanning in pretty much all my work, have a gander.

http://lasoothemoon.blogspot.com/
            http://www.mattwalford.co.uk/

Both really need updating as I have a lot more work but you should get the idea!

Comment

Hi Matt, (Waffeliron)
              Had a look at your site, love your photographs, and your still lifes are really great.

Comment

Thanks, I like your cyanotype, you should get some type 55 polaroid boarders to put it in, that would look ace

Comment

Thanks,
                  Any good links for borders?

Comment

Go to DeviantArt.com Search for polaroid borders. There are ton of good brushes on there. Miss Palms also has some nice links and she's smarter than the average bear.

c

Comment

Did this one a few years ago.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Nice detail, you must have a good scanner Lyle

Comment

Nope; just my HP All-in One (psc 2110v). I just wish they can develope a camera that can give you details that a scanner can, but I guess the scanner can give you the details because the object absolutely doesn't move and the light is the best that can be done. Still, if they can make a scanner camera (I know all the pet projects out there with not so good results; lol) that can scan both quickly and accurately, we would be in nirvana.

Comment

I know I have added far more than my fair share of comments to this thread. Just a few hints, tightly written and wrapped in a bow.
                            1. The beauty and the nature of the beast ie; scanner as it has "0" depth of field therefore sharp from beginniing to end. Try adding frosty types of material in the air during the scan. I like to use a piece acetate sprayed with hairspray. I also sometimes put black or white orn any other colors where I want them. I have a small section of my flickr storage but this truly is a direction that if you take the turn down the road who knows where you might end up. It has great potential.

c

Comment

Sweetlight, 'I like to use a piece acetate'

I sprayed a little soapy water between two sheets of acetate and then applied a gradient, black-rgb-white. Thanks for the tip.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by MiningArt; 09-29-2009, 06:20 PM. Reason: edit

Comment

found this tut today and thought it might be interesting to someone
                                except they call it a photogram
                                http://www.photoradar.com/techniques...h-your-scanner

Palms

Comment