Photos on a "negative" strip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photos on a "negative" strip

I want to take a few photos of a person, lets use 5... I want to put these photos on a "negative" strip in photoshop, similar to this: image A and then i want to bend the whole strip so it looks more similar to this image b i don't think it'd be easily accomplished in photoshop, so i was thinking about a 3d app, but i have no knowledge of them. anyone have any suggestions?

Photoshop plus Illustrator could handle it, though not automatically. It would still be a lot of work for you. You'd make the strip image in PS, then place the PS file in Illustrator and use its sophisticated warp function.
    Learn by teaching
    Take responsibility for learning

Comment

Originally posted by Doug Nelson
      Photoshop plus Illustrator could handle it, though not automatically. It would still be a lot of work for you. You'd make the strip image in PS, then place the PS file in Illustrator and use its sophisticated warp function.
      It doesn't really take Illustrator, you can do it all in photoshop with the shear command.

I did this real fast as a test, it could obviously be done with more patience

- Noel

http://www.radicalpixel.com/display/film.jpg
      Last edited by Noelf; 01-31-2004, 05:14 PM.

Comment

Noel, ya beat me to it - I was going to mention the same thing... except re: Photopaint. There, too, it's the Shear effect.

Comment

Hello ok,

You can also do this sort-of by hand by using the displace filter. It takes a little experimentation, but it's not that hard. Just make a file with gradients (in this case), like the one attached, save it as a .psd file, open your image, give it some room on the canvas so it can move, go to displace filter, make your settings, then find the file you saved earlier and hit ok. It takes some experimentation, but it works well and is a good learning experience.

Mig
          Attached Files

Comment

The illustrator>morph and photoshop shear techniques seem to both work well. I'm going to practice them a little more to see if i could get the effect perfect. I'll have to give Mig's technique a shot as well. Thanks a lot for the help.

Comment

Does this help?

Not sure if you're interested in this tutorial or not: http://www.dwphotoshop.com/photoshop/film.php
              I had great fun with it.

Comment

Originally posted by DigitalinDC
                Not sure if you're interested in this tutorial or not: http://www.dwphotoshop.com/photoshop/film.php
                I had great fun with it.
                Nice tutorial!

- Noel

Comment

If you like that tutorial, you might like this too...

Noel - This was another tutorial that I have enjoyed. When my 35mm friends reply that "slides rock" I shoot this back to them to show them that, yeah, sure, like I can shoot slides too with my digital. http://www.eastofthesun.com/pi7/slidemount.htm
                  Attached Files

Comment