Fractal software for math morons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fractal software for math morons

I've played with just about every fractal generating program I've ever heard of. The thing that bothers me about all of them is that they're more about the backend than the front. By that I mean they're math forward, you need to assign a formula, calculate a transform, assign anisotropic levels, etc.

Anything less than that basically involves hitting "Random" and praying.

Is there any fractal generating (not really into zoomers) software more suitable to my delicate artists temperament?
    Learn by teaching
    Take responsibility for learning

Re: Fractal software for math morons

Hey Doug,

A few years ago I read a book titled 'A new kind of science' by Stephen Wolfram, the chief designer of Mathematica and Wolfram Alpha.

In his book he explores something called cellular automaton, and it's possible used to solve complicated simulation problems.

Take a look to that wiki page, and do a google for 'cellular automaton image'. These images are created with a seed, a set of rules, and a number of iterations. The are a few rules that produce really interesting results!

Comment

Most of the CA images don't do anything for me, but I quite like these.
      Learn by teaching
      Take responsibility for learning

Comment

YES.. I saw one of those images yesterday. Amazing!

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• MatthewMarshall
          Chromakey software? I need to find software.
          by MatthewMarshall
          Chromakey software. Does anyone know a good free or cheep program. I do events i need a software program that can edit out the green screen on the spot so i can print the photos on the spot. If posible, the program would be able to directly import my canon xt images right away. I have seen the express...
          09-30-2007, 03:07 AM
        • Doug Nelson
          Why is OpenSource software so ugly?
          by Doug Nelson
          I had to use gparted to install Vista this weekend, and I was reminded of my primary objection to Linux: all the interfaces and apps are ugly. Mishmashed fonts, ill-fitting UI features, and no concious attempt at any sort of unified standard.

Even the apps offered as counter-examples...
          11-05-2006, 02:05 PM
        • Morph
          Morphing Software
          by Morph
          Not sure where to go to ask this so am starting here. I am interested in doing a morph from one image to another. on web search, i found "Fantamorph".

Does anyone have any feedback about Fantamorph? Or, are there other software programs available for this?

01-22-2009, 05:33 PM
        • mantra
          is there a software to compare 2 images?
          by mantra
          Hi

is there a software to compare 2 images?

for example 2 raw image converted

would like to have a program like this ,that can tell me colors shift r,g,b and different contrast

thanks
          01-06-2013, 10:02 AM
        • DannyRaphael
          Software: ArtRage (free download)
          by DannyRaphael
          I just discovered this little jewel.

I'm still reading through the documentation, but it looks promising. It has a trace feature (not to be confused with clone) similar to Corel Painter. Very arty results are possible for those with traditional art/drawing skills or with a moderate amount...
          09-05-2004, 02:26 PM
        Working...
        X