comments and critique please...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• comments and critique please...

just playing around, critique me please.. appreciate it.. thanks!

Giga
    Attached Files

I like what you did. I am just beginning but I was wondering something.... could you use a mask on the orange woman in the top right and tone down or remove the orange shadow on her nose? By the way, how did you do this, was it a filter or threshold and color replacement? I like the idea and want to try it. When I have done things like this before I started studying these things I always got great results but there were always parts that didn't work, so now that I know masks I would have more control on each aspect of the composition. Really nice though. Is this going to be a promotion card?

Comment

thank you for the reply sheri,

no,no, im just trying different things.. playing around..

i took an image, used the select color range to copy what i needed from that image, then paste it on a background.
      my idea is to paste just a silhoutte of the image, so i didn't bother to mask things..

Giga

Comment

Giga,

I know you said you were just messing around, but you asked for a critique. I'm not sure exactly how you did this but its something akin to posterization with coloring. I like the effect. Once, maybe again with a major variation, but there is too much of one good thing. All the shots are high-contrast - or posterization with only a few levels, no mid-range tonality so it doesn't demonstrate any 'range' of ability. You could have mixed in some high-key, broad mid-range, low-key treatments. Could also use the severe color with a high-key or low-key photo. You titled it Re-Touching but it pretty clearly falls into the Photo-Art realm. Very imaginative and edgy. I like that.

In case you missed it, there was a time when this was a most overused technique for LP album cover art, except is was much harder to do then - dark room stuff!

There are hundreds of them, but they are so long out of print the the covers aren't even on the Internet.
        Attached Files

Comment

tnx blue dog,

helped me alot to hear something.. =) really appreciate it...

Comment

Working...
          X