Logo flying site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logo flying site

My Dad is a flying instructor and the site he is doing doesn't have a logo. Being new to PS I gave it a go. Please feel free to CC or have a go yourself.

79140638_euzjZ4Hs.jpg

Re: Logo flying site

Richard the concept is great, but you're better off doing something like that in Illustrator. This is because of color separations. If your dad wanted business cards, for example, it would be difficult for an offset printer to get a burgundy plate and a black plate out of a Photoshop file. It should be done in Illustrator using PMS (spot) colors.

Comment

Re: Logo flying site

As far as the logo, consider putting time below Flying and use the prop to form the 'I' as well that really helps when using large objects in logo's.

Swampy is right about using Illustrator if you have it but with a simple text design you can still get some awesome results with PS if that is all you have access to.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Swampy
        Things to consdier when designing a logo
        by Swampy
        Having been in the Advertising Specialty business for over 25 years, I've seen the good, the bad and the ugly in logo design. I thought a discussion about logos in general and design considerations might be a help to budding graphic designers.

What is a logo?
        A logo is a graphic representatioin...
        01-04-2008, 11:03 AM
      • imaginative
        Need an exceptional Logo designer
        by imaginative
        Hi folks,

I’m looking for an extremely talented logo designer to take on the task of working with a startup companies logo. I need a designer that’s on the same creativity and results level as say http://www.hicksdesign.co.uk/.

This work would be for a company that’s...
        03-31-2008, 12:49 PM
      • christo
        Transparent background
        by christo
        One of the things that I a constantly asked to do, is to place an existing logo into a PageMaker 7 doc. Usually these pages have colored backgrounds, and the logo supplied is often not of sufficient DPI for print work, and usually has the ubiquitous white box around the logo. I have tried using PhotoShop...
        01-17-2006, 11:12 PM
      • Doug Nelson
        Possible new RetouchPRO logo
        by Doug Nelson
        Long, skinny logos don't work so well in 2015, plus I've gotten some "advice" in the past that our logo could use some refreshing.

I've attached a sketch of the direction I'm thinking. What do you think of it, compared to the old one?

I'm open to new ideas, as...
        04-26-2015, 07:46 PM
      • SamuelSlade007
        How i can improve this logo?
        by SamuelSlade007
        Hi, I'm new here, and to Photoshop (been given access to it through work)

I have an image i've been working on for a department logo and wondering if this was the right place to gain honest feedback on how i could improve aspects of it. I have attached a jpg copy though unsure of sizing....
        01-04-2008, 06:46 AM
      Working...
      X