Related Topics

Collapse

X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honest Critique

You know how you think you have a masterpiece and it couldn't get much better, until someone more advanced shows you otherwise? Someone please show me what you would do different with this or what seems out of place.
    Attached Files

Re: Honest Critique

very nice job bdilly maybe change the lighting on the fur a touch lighter
    not sure, just a thought

zganie

Comment

The fur looks dingy at the top - detracts.
      <C>

Comment

the expanse of hand is distracting, too close to camera. remove the hand

the skin, eye, and nose work is outstanding.

Comment

Yes, remember that old black and white movie of the hand that crawled around trying to kill everybody? I thought about removing the hand but I stared at the screen so long I got use to it. thanks for the advise on the lighting too, I was going for a V effect. GROOVY BABY

Comment

I like the hand, but back off on the post effect on it. Leave everything else, maybe burn in a bit more.

Comment

I disagree with adding light to the fur. Even if it were an add for fur coats, I wouldn't add more light to the fur. We want to be invested in her face, not the fur coat, so I think that the way it is, is fine. Also, there seems to be something very unsetteling and unnatural about her nostril, and lower eye lids... I guess it's that there is no definition between her cheek and these parts. Don't be afraid to leave SOME lines there to help the viewer to become invested in the young ladies face, since that is the part that sells. Lastly, I would have liked to see her face not tucked so far back into the hood of the coat. This would also make the hand look a lot less creepy.

Comment

Thanks for all the advice guys. I can see how the different opinions all make sense and could be applicable. I definately appreciate all the responses. My hopes are to do some freelance work for a few photographers in the Atlanta area. I've learned tons in the past few weeks from reading through the tutorials. You guys have re-kindled my Photoshop Spark!

Comment

Working...
                X