Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding a finger - six-fingered hand

Hi,

I´m overall curious about this forum which was I found only yesterday. I like giving good feedback, and receiving the same, so I thought I´d check how the response could be like with a pretty recent retouch of a hand.

It´s easy to see what my goal has been: a believable six-fingered hand. there are some minor color adjustments, but you can ignore them.

(BTW, is there a proper place to introduce oneself on the forum? Maybe I´ve searched too poorly for that?)
    Attached Files

Re: Adding a finger - "handjob" (not explicit -sor

Originally posted by jansandahl View Post
    Hi,

I´m overall curious about this forum which was I found only yesterday. I like giving good feedback, and receiving the same, so I thought I´d check how the response could be like with a pretty recent retouch of a hand.

It´s easy to see what my goal has been: a believable six-fingered hand. there are some minor color adjustments, but you can ignore them.
    Welcome to RetouchPRO. Your "digital surgery" is very well done... so well that IMO many would not notice on first glance. I don't know if that's good or bad.

If the intent is to capture visual attention immediately, perhaps you could group the thumb and first two fingers like I did in this quick splice.

In any event your talent is obvious. I hope you enjoy your stay here at RetouchPRO and become a regular contributor to the forums.

BTW: I edited your creative thread title a bit to hopefully attract more views and feedback.

(BTW, is there a proper place to introduce oneself on the forum? Maybe I´ve searched too poorly for that?)
    Yes... see: http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/salon/
    Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for your kind words, Daniel,

Ehrm, yes... the original title could actually have kept some people from even clicking.

You made a very good point with your example - and a really good enhancement that made a more striking impression. It´s very easy to get carried away on the road to perfection - and miss out on obvious chances.

On the other hand (no pun intended) I also tend to see more/other things when scrutinizing others work.

Ideally an image/idea should rest a day or two, and even better if another set of eyes can look it over as well.

Thanks again for good critique, I´ll stop by the salon when I can make the time.

/Jan

Comment

That was well done.

Your re-touched photo has a bit of a glow outlining the hand. Maybe it's my computer though. I have to use my older one for now.

But that's a good job.

Comment

A glowing outline would, per definition, be impossible when it´s a white background, but I know what you mean.

It´s more a result of sharpeing the image, and thus enhancing stuff in the edges that were there in the original photo (not mine btw). I did'nt care for ultra-high quality, and doing that kind of touching up, since it wasn´t necessary for the job.

Thanks for the input!

Comment