• Critics for beauty retouch

Well, i just retouched this one pic today:

http://alex-sj.deviantart.com/art/Be...touch-90766672

it was almost 3-3.5 hours retouching it X_X

and i was wondering if u guys can critic the picture ^^

don't worry about being harsh =]

i really wanna know what u think ok

Re: Critics for beauty retouch

Alex, looks very good to me...even though I am no pro, it looks a little retouched on the top hair, seem to be some cloning spots, could that be?

Comment

I like the skin tones, hair color and lighting. The retouch is definitely moving in the right direction.
      I agree with amica999 on the hair. The cloning is too obvious at the top near the part.
      Also, the eyes may be a bit too white.. they really stand out. You don't need that given the natural beauty of her iris's.
      While some may say the skin is too soft, I don't think so, given her age and what the image may be used for, i.e. a cosmetic market. If it were just a portrait retouch, it may be too much.
      Great job !

Comment

What happen to her lower eyelashes, you need to bring those back

Comment

I agree with most of what everyone said. It looks beautiful! Personally, I would like to see some of her red freckles come through. That may just be me cause I got a thing for redheads. Also, the part in her hair toward the top of her head looks blurry. The teeth look manipulated. The lips look fantastic to me, eye brows too. I agree about the eyes being to white and bright. I think they could be darkened down particularly around the outer edges. Over all great job and big difference over original.

Comment

Well, so far.... tks a lot for breaking my heart X_X hahahahahaha

hair... the hair was really awful, i was like a 5 minute retouch on that =/
            it`s fixed now ^^

eyes... fixed ^^

lower eyelashes... well, that size is her normal size, on the original looks just a little bigger because of the shadows

teeth... well, i'm not sure how to change that, i can't put the original back and i don't wanna get teeth from other pictures... any tips??

i posted the reretouch photo on the same link:

what do u think now??? ^^

that's the link for the original photo:
            http://img169.imagevenue.com/img.php...2_122_63lo.jpg

Comment

I agree with everyone in complimenting how beautiful it looks. Wonderful job.

However, to my eye it's been so perfected that you're moving into the realm of photo-realistic illustration. There's literally not a flaw anywhere on her face. The eyes are very saturated and whitened and very sharp. And the skin has been smoothed and texturized to the point of no pores.

If I can tell it's been Photoshopped, despite how beautiful it is, I don't think it's the right answer.

Have you experimented with blending the layers to see if you can affect more realism?

Comment

Originally posted by alex.justino View Post
                Well, so far.... tks a lot for breaking my heart X_X hahahahahaha

hair... the hair was really awful, i was like a 5 minute retouch on that =/
                it`s fixed now ^^

eyes... fixed ^^

lower eyelashes... well, that size is her normal size, on the original looks just a little bigger because of the shadows

teeth... well, i'm not sure how to change that, i can't put the original back and i don't wanna get teeth from other pictures... any tips??

i posted the reretouch photo on the same link:

what do u think now??? ^^

that's the link for the original photo:
                http://img169.imagevenue.com/img.php...2_122_63lo.jpg
                After closer inspection I see why the teeth look manipulated. You did a fantastic job with the mouth. And no I would not suggest going back to the original. I did play around with your retouch version of the teeth. They seem to be a little too neutral in color. Although their actually not, they appear to have a slightly blue tint. I used several copies of the adjustment filter, photo filter 85 warming. Each one at varying degrees, I used the blend if sliders to weight the affects heavily to the shadow side. Also used D&B to give some more contrast (sharpness) between the teeth. Probably wouldn't hurt too go even further with that. Also, burned teeth just slightly by lip to give lip shadow.
                Anyway, I am really impressed with what you did on this and look forward to seeing more of your work.
                Attached Files

Comment

In the eyes I see some overwork (too white and flatten look)

overall lighting is good. on the top of hair you need to give attention.

Also lips can be more attractive by dodge and burn.

Ash

Comment

Some naturality must be in retouch. Please keep some original details of eyes, nose and teeth.

Comment

I love this, but her hair looks like a wig, why did you remove her scalp?

Comment

good work but by all means not a 'high end retouching'

Comment

Although I am by no means expert in that I find that you turned her into some Cindy Crawford and that's a bit odd really.

I find that the treatment of the nose, lips, chin, all that area is not good. I don't mean the finish of it of course but the plastic surgery you did.

Too much of it IMO. And not looking very real to me in terms of tridimensionality.

But as the proverb says, it is easy to criticize.

Comment

hahahahhahaa

u're destroing my pic but i'm loving this

so far tks to everyone who reply thi post... ok let's try to answer now...

Originally posted by secretagents View Post
                            Although I am by no means expert in that I find that you turned her into some Cindy Crawford and that's a bit odd really.

I find that the treatment of the nose, lips, chin, all that area is not good. I don't mean the finish of it of course but the plastic surgery you did.

Too much of it IMO. And not looking very real to me in terms of tridimensionality.

But as the proverb says, it is easy to criticize.
                            about the plasctic surgery... first of all, when i entered on that other forum where there's a lot of pictures (the link is where i post my pic) i looked most of them then chose that picture bc the model had a lot of "imperfections" (messy hair, bad skin, lighting problems, uneven teeth...) so, that was actually a practice photo, not something that u retouch for some magazine or clients, that's why i change the model a lot, it's was for fun ^^
                            by the way, what is IMO??

Originally posted by Sinisa View Post
                            good work but by all means not a 'high end retouching'
                            =) well, i'll keep trying though bc i really wanna get there

Originally posted by Insensitive. View Post
                            I love this, but her hair looks like a wig, why did you remove her scalp?
                            hahahahaha wig hahahahah
                            just to see how she would look like, u didn't like it?

Originally posted by ashphotoart View Post
                            Some naturality must be in retouch. Please keep some original details of eyes, nose and teeth.
                            Originally posted by ashphotoart View Post
                            In the eyes I see some overwork (too white and flatten look)

overall lighting is good. on the top of hair you need to give attention.

Also lips can be more attractive by dodge and burn.

Ash
                            ok i'll take the advice

Originally posted by JD Spears View Post
                            After closer inspection I see why the teeth look manipulated. You did a fantastic job with the mouth. And no I would not suggest going back to the original. I did play around with your retouch version of the teeth. They seem to be a little too neutral in color. Although their actually not, they appear to have a slightly blue tint. I used several copies of the adjustment filter, photo filter 85 warming. Each one at varying degrees, I used the blend if sliders to weight the affects heavily to the shadow side. Also used D&B to give some more contrast (sharpness) between the teeth. Probably wouldn't hurt too go even further with that. Also, burned teeth just slightly by lip to give lip shadow.
                            Anyway, I am really impressed with what you did on this and look forward to seeing more of your work.
                            well, i actually did what u said, not exactly the same, even though it's hard to escape from the "very manipulated look" tks a lot for the tips =) i posted again, but i only changed the first pic on the right (full view one)

[]'s

Comment

IMO means In My Opinion. Sorry about that.

Comment