• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simple Portrait

critiques would be nice...
    Attached Files

Re: Simple Portrait

Brian,
    Nice photo of beautiful girl. Personally I'd like to see a different method for clearing up her skin. ect.. cloning, healing or dodge & burn. Also, would suggest cloning out single strands going across face and over nose. Also, you could work on the lips, particularly the indentations. Some would probably disagree but I also like to see some of the fly away hair left to give a more natural look. Don't mind me, when it comes to critiques I love to pick. Hope it helps.

Comment

Brian,

You have this listed as a portrait and not a glamor shot. So with that in mind, I think you may have smoothed away some of her identity by overly smoothing and not accounting for facial structure. The changed jaw line and absence of cheek formation is what caught my eye in particular.

The hair has a "cut out" look on the edges making the appearance quite unnatural with fly-a-way hair only against the skin.

Comment

You've flatenned the chin too much IMO.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• NancyJ
          Portrait
          by NancyJ
          The wow-europe servers have been down all day so I've had a bit of time going spare - thought I'd post up the result...
          12-06-2006, 01:15 PM
        • gennarof
          Portrait My Grand-Daughter
          by gennarof
          This my first attempt at a portrait. She if 4 yrs old at the time of this photo (last year) and is of fair complexion (hence the porcelin like skin tone). Other then darkening the background I really didn't do to much to the image other then applying some minor touch up with the Nik filter for portraits...
          02-14-2010, 07:19 AM
        • nebulaoperator
          Portrait retouching
          by nebulaoperator
          Hello everyone,

Recently I have retouched a portrait to my taste. I would really appreciate your opinion.
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/3750244...ream/lightbox/

Thank you.
          04-25-2011, 04:47 PM
        • Brinse
          Portrait Professionals
          by Brinse
          I'm new to RetouchPro and find it very informative. I shoot weddings and portraits and post process with Photoshop Elements 5.0. I am wanting to "graduate" to something like Portrait Professional to more easily adjust skin tones, etc. I have the trial version of PP and it seems to work...
          12-05-2006, 08:56 AM
        • plugsnpixels
          Woman's portrait Photoshopped internationally
          by plugsnpixels
          "Make me look beautiful.”

"That's what Esther Honig asked 40 photo editors to do -- in over 25 countries. Using the service-sharing site Fiverr, Honig, a human interest reporter, sent a picture of herself to be photoshopped around the world to see just how much cultural...
          06-27-2014, 12:54 PM
        Working...
        X