Like Planes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Like Planes?

Here is a shot I took on Sunday, let me know what you think! it was raining and i was hungover so unfortunatly this resulted in me taking a very bad photo in the first place, I am however pretty pleased with the result.
    Attached Files

Re: Like Planes?

Nice retouch. I like the synchronised props and ominous sky.

Maybe a bit more contrast and a slight bit of light on the edge of the ailerons as if catching the light from the horizon.

If you darken the lower corners of the grass a bit it will lend a more dramatic framing for the plane.

Comment

Thanks, I have had chance to edit it a bit more now, subtle changes but I think it looks much better
      Attached Files

Comment

That looks good. The mood goes well with the battered look of the aircraft.

Comment

Looks great. I'm a newbie and would be interested to know how you get the sky to look so good. Like, what steps are involved there to do that.
          Thanks

Comment

Hi, Thanks Liz.. to get the sky looking the way it does I used different exposure layers (different exposures shot in camera, but you could do it in a raw converter). You can also get the same sort of effect using HDR (search this forum there will be loads on it!) but its my opinion that it looks better done manually, with masks and the like! All in all though it just takes a lot of time passion :-)... Hope this helps, feel free to ask anything else.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Indigo
              Buttercups and Blue Sky
              by Indigo
              Hi,

This is a shot of a field of buttercups taken in early summer near Bowness in Windermere. Brought the gate out and emphasised the sky.

The idea was to produce a dreamy mid-summer scorcher of a day feel. Did I do it? If not what atmosphere does the shot invoke and what...
              08-30-2005, 03:58 PM
            • Corey Jenkins
              First post Bmx
              by Corey Jenkins
              This is a bmx shot, I'm guessing it would be alright to post here. Pretty big change for a before and after.

Before with some contrast ajustment
              http://www.coreyjenkinsphoto.com/pho...18_KcN6F-L.jpg

After
              http://www.coreyjenkinsphoto.com/photos/35467146...
              08-31-2008, 08:29 PM
            • siiLent
              What Am I Doing Wrong?
              by siiLent
              I went down to the beach today to practice using my DSLR. But all my pictures came out either dark or too bright. This is one of the best ones, but still couldn't get the clouds to be exposed correctly.
              Sun was coming from behind subject in the picture.
              Picture information
              10-06-2008, 09:53 PM
            • Mal Firth
              Learning Landscape
              by Mal Firth
              I'm anxious to improve my landscape photography and hope you will give me some honest critiques of what I've done so far. I bought my Minolta D7i about 18 months ago but it is only since I took up country walking about 6 months ago that I have started to regularly take landscape pictures. The one here...
              01-28-2004, 10:21 AM
            • Ken Rogers
              Another Baker shot
              by Ken Rogers
              Here is yet another picture of Mount Baker from me. I like this shot very much, because it was a gorgeous sunny day, and I seldom take such sharply focused pictures. I would like your critique/help with the foreground terrain especially, and anything else you might feel needs work.

02-12-2006, 08:48 AM
            Working...
            X