• Show
Clear All
    No photos found.

Related Topics

Collapse

• wmchauncey
    Background Colors
    by wmchauncey
    I do a lot of studio desktop stuff against a black background...simply because they have a very dramatic appearance when displayed on the net. I have not printed any of them and I have this concern that they might resemble the old, IMHO, tacky look associated with velvet prints from years past....
    03-27-2015, 02:31 AM
  • wmchauncey
    Color coordination
    by wmchauncey
    Been trying to get my mind in tune with color relationship between subject and background, I offer this example...
    Might I be better off using a different color for the background?
    With regard to floral photography, is complimentary better than contrasting?

10-14-2014, 07:01 AM
  • graham5
    Background manipulation
    by graham5
    I believe one of the keys to a great smudge painting is the use of the background. What are some of the common techniques/tips that are used to change the background so it will better reflect the subject? Do some just repaint the background, remove it altogether and put something else there, or what...
    04-30-2009, 09:50 AM
  • Bloodnok
    Can this be rescued?
    by Bloodnok
    Photo here

I think the problem should be obvious - is there any way to bring out the statues and/or de-emphasise the background? I should say that I had pretty much Hobson's choice in the positioning and timing of this shot - passing through early afternoon (harsh light) and not much...
    12-06-2006, 03:36 PM
  • yyhow
    Complicated Background Extension
    by yyhow
    Hey guys, my first time posting on this forum.
    I've messed around with this image for quite some time and I have no where else to turn to.

So originally this image was in a portrait layout and I want to switch it to landscape. So I've copied and pasted to extend the background....
    10-14-2014, 05:20 AM
Working...
X