mess'in around in PS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mess'in around in PS

did this last nite in an hour or so. just pushing paint around for fun. no mission or project. done in psp and photoshop. I guess I was just testing really blond hair.
    greg
    Attached Files

That's pretty darn good for an hours work. It would take me months to get that far. Love how you got the eyes.
    DJ

Comment

Ditto!! The eyes are really good - I wonder what she's thinking LOL

Margaret

Comment

Thanks guys, I can tell you what she's thinking.
        She's thinking, she wants her daddy to help her with the bath.
        greg

Comment

and I'm thinking I should just leave that alone....

Margaret

Comment

I am not totally sure Greg, on the one hand it looks like it needs something more (dont ask me what) on the other hand it is stunning as is worthy of any proffesional illustration piece. Whilst I am in a undecided mind as to the value, but I do know (from experience) that you have what it makes to become a illustrator.

At 29 I thought I had left it too late to break into the new media industry, but, sometimes a calling is answered - nothing to say it shouldnt be you

You have shown undoubted talent in the field you have chosen.

I could be talking outta place and beyond your ambition or want, but believe me, you have what it takes (said in non proffesional place [i would employ you if i could[)

Comment

Excellent Greg. How long have you been studying art? It looks like you have quite a few hours under your belt.

Ed

Comment

Been wondering when someone would ask that. Art has been a passion since age five, but as life does, I got sidetracked for fifty years. Had a class or 2, but no formal school. I started in PS 2.5 in '95, but didn't have my own computer til '99. Since last Christmas, when I got the Wacom, things have gone pretty fast.
                Mike, I dedbated about posting, as it's just a colored sketch, not a full painting, it's not perfect, not ment to be, just an expression of the moment.
                Mike, if your 29, you have time to do anything there is. I'm 58, and though it would be nice to get some sales under my belt, I doubt a carreer is a possibility.
                greg

Comment

And how old was Grandma Moses?

Ed

Comment

I thought, at least '60s.

Comment

Grandma Moses was in her 70's when she started painting.
                      http://www.benningtonmuseum.com/grandmagallery.html

I returned to school when I was 40 and made a complete career switch and hen spent the next 18 years as a computer programmer/analyst.

I'm 58 now and retired from all that and am now making another shift into the multimedia/graphic artist arena.

I'm not anywhere near ready for primetime, but I don't think 58 is too old to start over...

Margaret

Comment

Greg,

I will have to agree with the rest, the eyes are captivating. I love the bits of blue and green in them, and that vibrant orange background just sets everything off. Nicely done!

-T

Comment

Thanks T, the colored specks are something I discovered in eyes a few yrs ago, and use it liberally, like sugar.

Comment

Working...
                          X