Critique Please!!

Collapse

Related Topics

Collapse

• abh
    Critique please
    by abh
    hello Everyone,

I am submitting this image for critique, would really like to hear what you have to say about it.

methods used:
    1. blemish removal : heal/clone
    2. Skin work: D&B
    3. color shift: curves, hue/sat

Credits :
    Image:...
    07-26-2010, 12:07 AM
  • bdilly
    Honest Critique
    by bdilly
    You know how you think you have a masterpiece and it couldn't get much better, until someone more advanced shows you otherwise? Someone please show me what you would do different with this or what seems out of place....
    07-20-2007, 02:23 PM
  • shfxx
    Critique please
    by shfxx
    Hey everyone
    Looking for a critique on this image, where I could go better. Inverted high pass and dodge and burn used.

click !
    02-17-2012, 04:34 PM
  • alek_o
    Please critique
    by alek_o
    Hey guys, please tell what you think about this retouch?
    http://aleksandrolkhovskiy.com/beforeaftersli.html
    Thanks
    04-18-2012, 05:57 AM
  • OTTORETOUCH
    critique please
    by OTTORETOUCH
    Hello, I just finished retouching this image and I have the feeling it's slightly flat. Can you tell me where I went wrong please.

you can get the rollover here :

http://jejland.deviantart.com/art/PRETTYLADY-283808089

Thanks...
    02-07-2012, 04:16 PM
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Critique Please!!

Originally posted by Algarve Images View Post
    Good Olbaldy to come up with something out of "goldfinger" lol
    The halo's are probably caused by either excessive sharpening or using the highlight/shadow tool, easily fixed by using the blur tool on no. 1 or 2 at 500% magnification. Have arrowed the areas most affected...
    Ah! got it. Yeah I think i sharpened this low res version too much before I saved it to post up here. Thanks again!

Comment

Re: Critique Please!!

TLC,
      I really like the overall color (gold tone) of the image. I also think you did an excellent job maintaining the tonal differences between the subject and background, especially with the shirt. The contrast difference could easily have been lost. It's funny how sensitive our eyes are to those things and how important it is to maintain, even when very subtle.

I also don't want to overlook all the other hard work you put into cleaning up the other small but important issues. Job well done.

I would like to see just a few small things cleaned up some more.
      - the subtle wrinkle in the tee shirt by the V neck on his right side;
      - the small reflection on the sun glasses on his far right edge;
      - better defining the far right edge of the sun glasses against the background (just a very small amount);
      - the larger reflection/catch on the sun glasses by his nose.

That's it for me. Otherwise, I think the image would hold up well in any printed media, as well as in a larger format. I do agree with Gary, in that a good scrubbing in your RAW editor is always a good first step.

Comment

Working...
      X