P7 watercolor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P7 watercolor

I've been doing a bunch of w/c all based on one sketch, isn't digital wonderful.
    This is Painter seven, which I have a lot to learn about, but so what. If it makes you barf, don't look the next time. Because I cannot control everything in P, the way I would like, I edit in PSP7. So in PSP I smudge here and there, used some blend mode stuff, like screen or something. These modes are fun to play with. I think they are available in PS and PSP. You dup your layer, and do the blending effects on the top one. It adds things to the one below.
    I got some new skin set for Painter, and it's really nice.
    Thats a good thing painter has, is those add-on color sets. I was collecting them before I even knew how to use them.
    There are other pics in this series, and it may be an on going thing. If there's any interest, I will post more.
    greg
    Attached Files

Hey I really like this one Greg! Didn't see it posted on WC. Very, very nice!

Comment

Aren't you sly, cking out that one too. Well............the reason is, it's probably not good enough, I don't know, I just paint and post. they have a specific wc forum over there, and it will be some time before I post there.

Comment

Yeah things are kind of "hot" right now and I think I will stay away for a while. Too many newbies trying to stir up some junk and it is causing quite the tiff. Thought I would hang here for a while....seems everyone is here trying to help and learn not bash.

Comment

painter and forum ?

What other forum were you guys talking about avoiding?
          I like your painting, very well done. I am just starting to learn painter, been to my first class, it has some pretty amazing capabilities.

Comment

Here, playing with the blend modes, one of the great tools available in PS and PSP. I don't know if Painter has em'.
            Attached Files

Comment

and another blend mode, same mode, different setting, a mind blower, huh?
              Attached Files

Comment

Hey looks cool. Hope you don't mind I played with the pic a bit.
                Attached Files

Comment

and here's another one.
                  Attached Files

Comment

and another. My fingers are getting tired of typing.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Best ever!

Greg, this is one of your best works ever! I just love it, especially the way it disappears on the right. My favorite versions are the gray one and the last one.

Sure wish I could use Painter like you do...sigh.

Phyllis

Comment

Phyllis, who's stopping you. Go get a sketch somewhere on the net, copy it in your own style. Load it into painter.
                        Reduce the opacity to 40-60%. Put another layer on top of that one, and start, or you can paint directly on the sketch. Just make sure you always save a clean copy to keep. I only understand a small part of Painter, just the part that paints on layers, and a couple of other things.
                        You can do it. I want to see you try.
                        greg

Comment

Painter sometimes treats the layer of a psd with distain, and no tellin what will come out. I did find out, that to keep your painter paint looking the same as you made it, save in a jpg, this is for using, or posting or printing.
                          Anyway, this last image got modified in a way I don't know that I could repeat. It had to do with having a mulilayer psd file, and then turning some of the layers off, and then dropping or colapsing, or flatening into a jpg. I tweaked a few things in PSP like adding the textured paper, added some color here and there, and now it looks almost like a Pastel Chalk.
                          greg
                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                          X