Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Critique please

Hey everyone
    Looking for a critique on this image, where I could go better. Inverted high pass and dodge and burn used.

click !

Re: Critique please

Looks good. Do you have the original to compare it to?

Comment

Thanks Oscar, this is original one:

click !

Comment

Some of the work in the jawline and chin has made the model look more masculine. Neck and shoulders - seems like you've enhanceced some undesirable textures. I'm not trying to be harsh, but I think you need to reapproach this. It's not good. Sorry.

Comment

Thanks for the critique. I take it on board. you re right about neck and shoulders, i did not focus as much on these elements., Lady had a masculine jaw already (personal defect) so I believe it was reduced quite a lot any way. I take on board these sugestions, I think as for the first time with high end retouch for me, i did quite a good job. It is not perfect, and it will take a lot of time to make it perfect. Will post another job shortly.

Comment

Yes, you've shown you've got skills and did some nice work - good job (I should have mentioned)
            To me the shading on her jaw/chin/upper lip gives her a Fred Flinstonesque 5 o'clock shadow.
            the shading overall is heavy - too heavy for me. I'm sure some people wouldn't agree - so, thats okay too.

good luck,
            --Shift Studio.

Comment

The skin texture is great .
              But the nose looks like a rectangle , the lightning really doesn't work.
              The shading is too heavy too compared to exemple : the whiteness of the eye , you need to find a soft spot between

Comment

Hey Electricneon

Thanks for your reply, Im aware of fact, that photo does not look real, but to be honest, it was my first retouch, where skin texture was the most important part of the image (and I spent most of time on it). Im taking on board all the feedback, and will try to be better next time. Thanks for your time !

Comment

Hi. My opinion by details: nose is the first thing I noticed is not real (Rhinion) and flat; too much local contrast makes unreal lighting conditions; eyelashes are too dark; ears have weir hair over; natural eyes colour is gone or too muted. Not all is bad, some good skin areas. Leave room for real life. Hope this helps // positive critique!!

Comment

At first compliments for the work....here my 2 cents.
                    As mentioned by others :the nose and jaws are modifeid too much...together with the eyes this forms a characteristic of a face and in your afterimage I think the person has changed by these.
                    By making the nosebridge smaller, the face gets a different look not corresponding enough with the original.
                    The shoulders look great...but too symmetrical imho.
                    I love the tone of the image

Comment

Working...
                    X