Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robot man composite - critique please

Hi

I am working on the below composite. Any ideas on how to improve it? The sky on the upper left was blown out so I decided to darken it, any other ideas on what to do with that part of the image?

Thanks

Peter
    Attached Files

Re: Robot man composite - critique please

It doesn't bother me too much, as a matter of fact it actually balances your composition.

Comment

Could you post it with the original sky....seems a bit too dark for me now.
      As I only see the small version, I am interested in the Robothand, any chance of posting a larger image? It seems the hand is falling in the background a bit, could be more standing out.
      Cheers
      Rich

Comment

Here is the original sky. Some serious banding going on.
        Attached Files

Comment

And here is a close-up of the hand.
          Attached Files

Comment

Both look good to me....must be the internetsize

Comment

Hello, you should work on the details. The lighting is not consistent and I would add a lot more contrast to make the hand pop out, after all it is the focal point. I have done a quick example. I hope that helps.
              Attached Files

Comment

I would say look at pictures of amputees and prosthetics and have a look at how modern attachments fix on and how amputations aren't really a straight line. I realise it's a futuristic scene, but I think it would help sell the image more.

Comment

Originally posted by CathyH View Post
                  Hello, you should work on the details. The lighting is not consistent and I would add a lot more contrast to make the hand pop out, after all it is the focal point. I have done a quick example. I hope that helps.
                  Thanks for your input. Can you explain a bit more how I should dodge and burn the hand in order for the lighting to be consistent?

Thanks

Comment

First look at the over all light source, what direction is the light coming from?
                    You might want to set up a sample to look at to see how the light hits the metal, then you can make the highlights and shadows realistic and consistent.
                    I also indicated the background that could be changed to help the composition.
                    I make a layer with 50% gray set to softlight, then dodge and burn on that layer.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                    X