X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • luciachan
    • Aug 2006

New photo retouch after a long time

Just got myself a Samsung ativ pro 700 and testing out PhotoShop on a touch screen. Haven't been here forever, everything is painted over no d&b...used a multiply layer on the hair

Photo credit http://yellow-stock.deviantart.com/
  • luciachan
    • Aug 2006

Re: New photo retouch after a long time

72 views and no comments!? Lol should I assume that it's good and that's why I have no critiques?

Comment

• emilmedia
      • Oct 2012

Hi,

I think this might come off as douchy, but I think the reason why you havent gotten any comments is because the difference is so small between the before and after. I hope you understand that the critique i give is not to bash, but to help you improv for next time.

The major "faults" of the image is still there. I mean, the hair colour and lack of sharpness was not the thing that I looked at the first picture and though "oh, this can be better".

First off i think the ground image it self is lacking in alot of sence. The lighting is not very flattering, the shadows dont fall so nice on her. Second of all the angle. Thirdly i feel like the lack of shadow under her jaw makes it look a bit wierd.

As for retouching my main issue is the skin-tones are very yellow/green-ish, also i would add some d&b to get some contrast on the highlights.

Comment

• luciachan
        • Aug 2006

Thanks that helps... I'll work on the shadows and highlights

Comment